Will Coyotes eat another Coyote??

My friend Jay Nistetter likes to take long naps in shade of a cactus in the Arizona desert but the coyotes havn't ate him yet. Although Jay isn't really a coyote he sure as shootin' LOOKS like one. Maybe he is just too dang ugly to tempt the starving AZ coyotes. Hmmmmmmmm

On a ranch in MT the guy told me when they pulled the hay stacks out to feed the cattle the mangy sick coyotes would come out and they shot them. The next day they came back and the other sick coyotes had eaten the shot ones. His wife hates trappers so bad(trapping or traps) she said she would rather see them die that way than in a trap, now that is SICK!!!KY
I think in the dead of winter I have had some ate, that were left out after I skinned them.

Michigan is so over populated with coyotes
I think they will eat anything. Mcdonalds
dumpster is becoming a popular place to watch
coyotes at night. They really put on a great
stalk.

I have shot a lot of coyotes in my time snd have never seen one eat another. I have seen them eat themself more than once. when i have gut shot them and spilled their guts all over gods country i have seen them go down and rip their own guts out and eat away untill the die.

Actually i have never seen or heard of coyotes eating each other, but they readily eat foxes i can assure you. Birds are usually the ones to eat coyotes down to the bone such as ravens, crows, magpies, eagles, etc.

Originally posted by kingmike:
[qb]Michigan is so over populated with coyotes
I think they will eat anything. Mcdonalds
dumpster is becoming a popular place to watch
coyotes at night. They really put on a great
stalk.[/qb]
Holy vomitorium, if they are desprate enough to eat McD's leftovers I'm suprised they haven't diarrhea'd themselves to death.

I have never seen a coyote eating another coyote. I have seen a fresh carcass picked clean literally in three hours by ravens and eagles. I have also seen javelinas eat coyote carcasses....but never another coyote. I suppose it happens now and again, I just haven't seen it.

I saw a Coyote eating on a Coyote caracass that was one year old, sun dried and nothing but bones and hair and teeth. That was the one I missed at "500+ yards" over a month ago.

I have trapped for more than 30 years and I have yet to see a coyote bite its own leg. Skunks and coons are the only ones I have seen do this. It is under the jaws where they bite, not knowing what they are doing. If you think I am wrong, ask some professional trappers. I know one that has taken more than 20,000 animals in his career.T.20

Did you hear about he Blonde Coyote caught in a single leg hold trap? She chewed off the wrong three legs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back