Wife needs a rifle

I got my wife a Rossi 243 in a youth model, I couldn't beleive the way it groups. I had to take it hunting myself
light weight and really fun to shoot, and want break the bank

Originally Posted By: REZ_DOGI would get her a CZ 527 i think it is in a 223 or 204, my doughter is 11 and shoots a CZ in the 204 it is perfect size for women and is lite weight.

This is a great recommendation. Costs about the same as the rest of them, maybe slightly less.

I got the savage .22 out today and had my wife try that
out for size. Looked just about perfect for her.

So, I'm looking for something about the same size as
a savage mark II.

Guess she could use the .22 as long as she doesn't try
for anything past 50 yards or so.

Randy

If you have her go with a .22 you run the risk of searching for a wounded 'ote. Gals don't like suffering animals .....

....... my (then) girl friend had me take her outbuilding apart when she wounded a skunk .......

As for rifle recommendations .......

I would suggest the 527 CZ American as other's have.

But you have to put these guns in her hands ..... it has to be "her" idea for her to like it.

But kudos for getting your wife involved. The more "2A" females we have on our side the SAFER our guns are!!!

Three 44s

Originally Posted By: Three 44sIf you have her go with a .22 you run the risk of searching for a wounded 'ote. Gals don't like suffering animals .....

....... my (then) girl friend had me take her outbuilding apart when she wounded a skunk .......

As for rifle recommendations .......

I would suggest the 527 CZ American as other's have.

But you have to put these guns in her hands ..... it has to be "her" idea for her to like it.

But kudos for getting your wife involved. The more "2A" females we have on our side the SAFER our guns are!!!

Three 44s

Right now I'm leaning on getting an adjustable stock for the mini-14. Then buy myself a longer
range rifle. We could both use the mini-14 that way also. I do like that rifle.

Guess we'll have to make the use of a .22 on coyotes another topic on another day.
My point will be yes but only if you can shoot and know you and your rifles limitations.

Randy

RJM,

Sounds like several good suggestions.

The AR is a good choice. Let my 5' wife shoot mine once and liked to never got it back. You can get a good quality AR in a 16" barrel with adjustable collapsible stock and it will shoot 1/2 MOA Groups at 100 yards. Or if you go with the Stainless Bull Barrels in 16 or 18". Wouldn't recommend any longer for her because of weight. They can be 1/4 MOA Weapons. It would be light and easy ton handle. And the 223/5.56 ammunition is easier to come buy.
I also like the youth model for the petite ladies and either 223/ 22-250 are great choices.

AR

AR's are OK but doggone heavy for a long walk in the bush, specially if you are short in stature (I am a 5'5" male).

My vote is for a Stevens 200 w/ a 22/250 and you will be surprised how well that lady will shoot it IF her husband starts her out wearing good ear plugs, and IF her husband knows anything about shooting in general....

Most men are terrible instructors for women shooters as they (men) 'know too much'...

Maybe a .223 as the hubby doesn't reload...but the 22/250 has the horsepower to really get it done on those coyotes!

Originally Posted By: BuckeyeSpecialAR's are OK but doggone heavy for a long walk in the bush, specially if you are short in stature (I am a 5'5" male).

My vote is for a Stevens 200 w/ a 22/250 and you will be surprised how well that lady will shoot it IF her husband starts her out wearing good ear plugs, and IF her husband knows anything about shooting in general....

Most men are terrible instructors for women shooters as they (men) 'know too much'...

Maybe a .223 as the hubby doesn't reload...but the 22/250 has the horsepower to really get it done on those coyotes!

She shoots pretty good. Real good in fact.
Hubby knows how to shoot just fine. Farm kid. Learned to shoot at age 5.

I don't reload but neighbor does and is more then willing to teach me.
Hubby would suck at trying to teach her much about shooting. No patience and she doesn't
listen to me anyways.

Randy

May I suggest a Remington 700 .223 with a 6x24 50mm scope. The whole package weighs around 10 pounds. I've toted that rifle around for quite a many miles and wouldn't trade it. Next to my best friend, it's a close second. Another suggestion for lighter weight - Marlin .22 mag. It gives just a little more punch than the .22. Just a woman's 2 cents on this one.

Back