who started with....

IndexFinger

Was going threw old junk box . Amazing what I started with. 'at that time' .. was the shit to git if you were serious on the dogs.
-

old school.jpg

-

I started with hand calls, and still like to use them. Somewhere along the way I won an original Extreme Dimensions Phantom call. At that time I basically knew nothing of predator calling, so I never suckered one in with it. I may have sold it; I'm not sure.

Fox hunting in the 60's with weem's all call. Next was lights with red cellophane and a cassette player attached to a 12vt lantern battery in a 50 cal ammo box and 30' of extension cable to a speaker.

In the 60's a BB Fox Call. Then the JS cassett . After that a Loudmouth. Finally an FX3, which I've upgraded to FX 5
20240320_103624.jpg

Last edited:
I started with a Johnny Stewart that played cassettes and really thought I had something.

Had a couple of Johnny Stewart cassettes . The truck stereo and speakers would blow away my crappy Radio Shack cassette player with sound when I would park in the trees to call Crows ....lol

Like hm1996, above, I got the Burnham Brothers long range, short range, and instructional record for $5. Called in a fox my first time I went out with it. I tell that to anyone now, and they asks, “what’s a record?”
IMG_7806.jpeg

Drove my parents crazy in the 70's playing that record on our console stereo(record player, 8 track,Am,Fm) and practicing with the call. Hope I run across them sometime at my parents home(older brother lives there now after mom,dad passed away).

I started out coyote calling using a $30.00 cassette recorder player with a cheap external speaker.

A few years later I bought a Burnham Brothers Cassette player with a the big battery in, that battery lasted me 11 years. I will never forget when we figured out we needed to erase 1 minute of sound at the beginning of the tapes and erased 15 seconds of sound at 12 minutes of the sound playing so we knew how long we had been calling.

Before we put the one minute of silence at the beginning of the tapes, I would start the cassette caller and then I would run from the cassette caller back up to my rifle to start the calling stand. LOL

No telling how many times a coyote or coyotes would hear my cassette caller start playing and look up and see me running back to my rifle. LOL

Back