Who is going pd shooting this year?

Originally Posted By: HuntOriginally Posted By: PappiI have been looking for places in S.D. to do some prairie dog shooting. And not much luck unless you want to pay big buck per day. I found one place for $100.00 bucks a day self guided. Anyone have some ideas or information Thank You

Call the Ranger districts over the National Grasslands and inquire with them. There were a lot of help when we went that route. ^This. Same here in nodak. They had a printed strip map of known prairie dog towns in the western half of the state, plus a decent map in the PLOTS guide book. Cross ref that with google earth and youll be surprised what you come up with!

Word of mouth goes a long way also. Stop by some sporting good stores or gun shops in the area and chat some guys up. A lot of times they know spots or can get you in touch with land owners that have pest probs.
Simple knock and talk is a good method too. Scout some land your curious about from public roads and ask the owner (before venturing onto his land!) if you find something you like. Be polite and courteous, obviously, but if they say take a hike respect it. Most farmers i know all but beg people to come shoot their prairie dogs and coyotes!

I've started workin' em over once again. I've gone out 3 mornings so far and have killed 278. Using the .17 hornet and .17 fireball. The pups are out in force now so the shooting is fast and furious.
Will eventually break out the .17 Rem. and .204.

Back