which trigger out of the 2?

I went with the 3 lb timney when I got mine as I wanted a single stage, replaced the RRA 2 stage & its a very sweet trigger.

For hunting I like a single stage trigger better. For target shooting I like a two stage better but that is my opinion of course. So to me it would matter what I was going to be doing with the rifle the most..

I have the Timney 3lb. and its so smooth and crisp
thumbup.gif

No experiance with the Timney.
I have had Jewell and did not like it, Pain to setup and adjust, not worth $200
I have RRA 2 Stage and love them

If you want the best, get a Jewell or a Geiselle. Timney is good (much better than the so called "match" triggers offered by the factories), but is a definite step down.

On the other hand if you insist on a pure single stage, get the Timney.

Just replaced my rra 2-stage with a timney 3lb would not have changed it but it was a heavy 4.5lbs. the new timney is set a just a touch over 3lbs.I have timneys in all my rifles and love them all.

Originally Posted By: Joe MWhy just those two? The Geiselle SSA is only 170 and it is a great trigger. I just happen to see these on midway. I have seen quite few people had the timney but not seen the jewel in an AR before. I been doing a search on here and reading the threads. I guess thats one more trigger to do some reading on.
thanks to all that have posted here.

Not on your list, but one of the best out there is the AR Gold trigger from American Trigger Corp. from Brownell's....they ain't cheap! I use Jard single stage, 2 lb triggers in my hunting AR's. I HATE two stage triggers!
F1

I may try out bill springfield's trigger job. but I hate to do without my rifle for a few weeks. but of course its deer season here, so I could use the 308 or 25.06 for awhile. someone told me he does really good work and I seen his name mentioned here too.

i like the jewell quite a bit better. i've gotten used to 2 stage triggers in AR's and anything else just doesnt feel right. the big advantage of the jewell is that it will adjust as opposed to the giessele SSA or the chip mccormick or the RR triggers. if you want less than 4# then go with the jewell if you dont care then your wasting money and there SSA, chip, or a Bill S tuned trigger will do the same thing.

You can buy the Jewell direct from them for 185. I have three of them and they are nice. Not as hard to install as everyone says. Read the directions twice, it should take no longer than thirty minutes to install and the next one you install will not take long at all.

Last edited:
The jewell may be hard to install for beginners.You can have a smith do it for a nominal fee. The jewell is the most adjustable trigger I have ever owned.

Quote:The jewell may be hard to install for beginners.

If you get one, PM me. I'd never seen one before I bought mine, and I had it installed in about 30 minutes.
The included pics are poor, but I have good, high-res ones.

i ended up finding a rock river lower with there 2 stage trigger. it pulls i little under 3 lbs.
and then I ended up ordering the timney 3 lbs single for the other lower.
now I have both a single and 2 stage
thumbup.gif

How hard is it to take out a trigger and re-install it? Im thinking of sending mine to Bill Springfield but Ive never taken one out or much less put one back in...

Thanks guys!

correction to my above post the rock river is pulling at 5.5
I must have looked at it wrong or the dim light in the garage was playing tricks on the ole eyes. I may send this one to Bill S. while i use the other lower on both barrels

Back