Which caliber and why do you say that?

Yep, Hal got booted. Miss him.

Lee is still around. Only difference is, Lee actually knows guns and has lots of toys........

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotes

I get it now. Your reading comprehension seems to be lacking.

I've heard the hardest decision you will be required to make in bowling is the size shoe to wear. You might wanna check into a summer league starting soon near you.

Comprehension is A-100% As far as bowling goes...none around me. Ya have to go to Colorado and rub shoulders with the gays and computer experts. I'll pass thank you!

blink.gif

Originally Posted By: sully2

As far as bowling goes...none around me. Ya have to go to Colorado and rub shoulders with the gays and computer experts. I'll pass thank you!

Just one ? before I go.
How does one tell a gay from a computer expert at a distance ?
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: sully2

As far as bowling goes...none around me. Ya have to go to Colorado and rub shoulders with the gays and computer experts. I'll pass thank you!

Just one ? before I go.
How does one tell a gay from a computer expert at a distance ?
rolleyes.gif

I dunno, but I gotta feeling a certain guy from Ohio has first hand knowledge of both. Maybe he'll supply the answer?

I have read all 7 pages thus far and this is my assumption, note the word "assumption". I believe Mr. Sully has his mind secretly already made up, however he wants us to recommend what he has already decided on with out having influenced our recommendation of it. Thusly, justifying his decision with out "solicitation" by so called "experts".

Mr. Sully, I would never twist another firearms enthusiast's arm to choose what I like. However, I once again am going to make an assumption. And here it is, be it right or wrong(which is very possible, I must admit). I believe that you may possibly be under educated on the wonderful world of AR's and a tad closed minded on the subject as well. We all had at one time the same mind set as you on them at one time, but after much research, "most" of us came to the realization that for what it is we do....they are the nearest thing to ideal as can be had, and bit the bullet(so to speak) and are the happier for it.

Please don't take this as an "Attack" on you or as being derogatory in any way, that certainly is not my motive. I am very happy that you are here, and look forward to the exchange of future info with you. My sole motive is the possibility of pointing out something you may or may not have thought of....so you and I can both make more informed decisions in the future.

Chupa

Chupa I dont take it as any sort of attack. I know those when I see them...and your probably correct when you say Im "under educated" on AR style weapons. But I know what I like...and I know I DONT LIKE their style or anything about them. Its not because they are gas operated semi autos...not at all.

Give me a Remington 742 as an example in .223 caliber and Id take it any day of the week over an "AR whatever" in the same caliber. Same way with SYN stocks...I dont like them as a preference sort of thing. And for being close minded on that subject...closed like a bank vault. If they all had production stopped tomorrow it wouldnt bother me a bit...and if all rifles ceased production....Id put a scope on my M659 Smith and shoot grounhogs with that.

But somewhere in the back of my mind I keep clearing the cobwebs out and Im not sure if what I want is a .223...or to go to a .257 Roberts.?? Thus I ask questions !

Last edited:
Understood %100. I own many bolt action rifles, and bet your bottom dollar that I will acrue more over my life. There is just something(for lack of a better word).... PURE , about them. However, I view firearms much the way Ben Hogan viewed golf clubs....simply a tool to do a job. Personally using a balpeen hammer as a torque wrench sounds counter productive to me.....and possibly very frustrating.

As far as "Combat crap" is concerned. They don't have to appear that way, often when they do...all you have to do is look at the owner. Those owners, more often than not, have a coffee table book called "How to survive the Zombie apocolypse" sitting next to their Playstation3 and endless mountains of Taco Bell wrappers scattered around the living room from the food court at the mall.

Here is my personal carry rifle for calling, and I doubt it gives the vibe that I must first storm a beach or H.A.L.O jump to my calling stand.
jay009.jpg

Not to be judgemental in any way, but personally those who carry "Heavy Barrel" rifles for anything other than high volume shooting i.e Colony varmints and range time.....Definately fall into the "Image conscious buyer category". Certainly not practical, so it leaves only one other reason to do so.......It looks cool. And in the interest of full disclosure, Yes I once fell into that myself.

Chupa

Originally Posted By: Chupathingy
As far as "Combat crap" is concerned. They don't have to appear that way, often when they do...all you have to do is look at the owner. Those owners, more often than not, have a coffee table book called "How to survive the Zombie apocolypse" sitting next to their Playstation3 and endless mountains of Taco Bell wrappers scattered around the living room from the food court at the mall.

Chupa

Oh...you must know my older brother!!!

When he got his first check from my late mothers estate ( I was the admin of it) he ran off and bought ( I sure as [beeep] hope you are sitting down) a SKID LOAD....$2400 worth of MRE's...?????? Then an SPS Rem 700 in 308 caliber topped off with some POS Tasco scope. Why you asked? Beats [beeep] out of me???

Its no wonder I have a deep aversion to "combat junk"

Range time AND colony varmints is exactly why I bought my 22-250...now to find the colonys..Im seraching all the time for places and "guides" to shoot the little boogers

Last edited:
Back