Which 223 Bullet for Hogs?

Typically I use 300 grain Barnes Originals and my Marlin 1895 45/70. I have loaded some 55 grain Gamekings in my CZ 223 as a kills-all load. With good shot placement I think they will do the job if the opportunity presents its self.

Thanks for all the opinions fellers.
The good ones,, and the bad ones!
(i didn't know i was going to stir up a yellow jackets nest)lol.
Sounds like the Barnes 62's might be the "go to" bullet in a 223AR format for hogs.(penetration).
Agreed, a larger caliber probably be more suitable for the game, but I want to get all the shooting time i could out of my 223AR and fast follow up shots.
Lets pour some gas on that yellowjacket nest and GO Shoot Some Hogs!

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: ninehorsesThe only thing wrong with the Barnes TXS is the price.

Yep I agree 100%.

Loving the TXS right now. But you guys are right, the price is a little scary.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crowkiller51Thanks for all the opinions fellers.
The good ones,, and the bad ones!
(i didn't know i was going to stir up a yellow jackets nest)lol.
Sounds like the Barnes 62's might be the "go to" bullet in a 223AR format for hogs.(penetration).
Agreed, a larger caliber probably be more suitable for the game, but I want to get all the shooting time i could out of my 223AR and fast follow up shots.
Lets pour some gas on that yellowjacket nest and GO Shoot Some Hogs!

Hey Crowkiller, Federal also loads a 60gr Partition in a .223 if you don't reload. I haven't used them yet, but would imagine they would be pretty serious on a hog.

Chupa

.. Just wait until Barnes sells your State down the river, the way they did to Cali.. " Unleaded bullets for almost all calibers, and at about the same price" What a joke! Buy from the Liars if you want, But not me. It's a coming Gentlemen.. Try Buying a non-lead .17... Barnes suuux...

Back