Which $1000 Scope

I am surprised no Zeiss recomendations. I have a bunch too. Nightforce, Leupold, Sightron, Zeiss...but for 1000.00 go with a Zeiss Conquest 6.5x20. It blows Leupold away...and that comes from someone that has 4 Leupolds

I have owned over 25 Leupolds, conservatively speaking. The Conquests are nice bright scopes. I still like the repeatability, durability, and customer service(as well as the ability to "customize") of Leupold better.

You could do worse than a Conquest for the money. Although, I've seen they've raised their prices again without making any improvements to the product.

I liked this 3-9x40 with elevation turret added, but the frickin' turrets spun "backwards" of Leupolds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif [beeep] Euros just gotta be different.........

100_0339.jpg

100_0335.jpg

I picked up a Conquest a few months back and must say, it's a pretty good scope. Like 2much said, nice and bright. I do seem to go with leupolds for the most part though, as their service is unmatched.

Quote:
What is the best scope for deer hunting that I can buy for $1000. I need atleast 12x on the high end and good low light transmission.

Need more information.

Are you going to want dials? 1" or 3mm main tube? 40mm or 50 mm objective?

Its tough to beat a Leupold. A VXIII 1" tube 40mm objective in 4.5x14 would be a great choice. So would a Mark 4 4.5x14PR, 30mm tube and 40mm objective. You can have the custom shop at Leupold add M1 dials for $150.00

Take the money left over and put it towards a Swarovski Laser Guide 8x30 laser range finder and then you will be all set.

JD338

I have owned a gun safe full of leupolds and now i own bushnell 4200 eletes. They are heavy and long but trust me way sharper. And about half the price just my opion.

i would have to agree spend half that and still get a good scope i would buy 30mm tube and 50mm bell just my 2cents Ron

Just can't see why a 30mm tube and 50mm obj is needed on a deer rifle. Just unnecessary weight with no real benefit. JMO......

Quote:
.... A standard duplex, heavey duplex, or a German #4 will work better for low light. This will slide you in under a $1000.

Leupold has the Long Range Duplex which is heavy enough for good visibility plus it has 3 other reference points for 300ish, 400ish and 500ish. With a chart on your stock, you can highlight the exact distances that correspond to your rifle and those aimpoints. Mine is a 2-7 on a 300 WSM and it is the best of both worlds without all of the unnecessary bulk and clutter. It comes in up to a 6.5-20x. IMHO

ncyotecaller....Do the right thing, get a Loopy! Now....the cheapest place on the east coast is DnR Sports in Pennsylvania......Google it, you won't find them anywhere cheaper. I bought a Leupold VXIII 6.5-20X40 30mm LR Varmint Hunters Reticle, $629.00.....Were $775.00-$830.00 elsewhere....gobblr addict

Last edited:
Quote:
Just can't see why a 30mm tube and 50mm obj is needed on a deer rifle. Just unnecessary weight with no real benefit. JMO......

Not to be Mr. Obvious here, but much the same could be said about a $1000 scope on a deer rifle, that will still only shoot for the most part (not knowing anything about the rifle it is on) about 1.5moa on average.

good luck!

Quote:
How can you say what the rifle shoots if we know nothing about it?

Thats why I put in: "on average" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back