When your bug spray fails

I use Sawyer products too. Never a problem. Until I want to run in and grab the SD cards out of a couple of cameras on the way to work wearing untreated work clothes. My ankles looked just like yours.

Originally Posted By: Rescue35I use Sawyer products too. Never a problem. Until I want to run in and grab the SD cards out of a couple of cameras on the way to work wearing untreated work clothes. My ankles looked just like yours.

I'd used this stuff before without problems.
So, I'm pretty sure I did something wrong or stupid.
I'm not blaming the product at all.

As nasty as my legs look, I've had worse itching, etc.

About 10 years ago I developed an allergy to penicillion.
Was never allergic to it before.
It turned my body into 1 big massive hive.
And hives itch much worse then chigger bites.

I ended up in the ER overnight while they pumped me full of
benedryl and something else to bring the hives down and try
and reduce the itching.

So the chigger bites aren't all that bad to me.
Just a little uncomfortable.

Originally Posted By: GCI told you how to prevent that from happening... permanone.

+1. Permanone or Duranone, depending on which brand they sell where you live. The active ingredient is pyrethrins, not DEET. Not worth a crap for mosquitos, but NOTHING works like it for chiggers and ticks. They should have it at Wal Mart. You're only supposed to spray it on your clothes.

try Chigger-X you can get it at your local drug store over the counter.Thank God we do not have chiggers in western Colorado.

I would rather call in grizzly country than where you live. That will "learn ya" to call in the summertime. Glad I live where I do. Just skeeter bugs and ticks here.

I had someone tell me once that garlic added to your meals on a daily basis will help keep the biters away. I just use Ultrathon for the biters. We dont have tics and chiggers up here in the Sierras, just flying biters, but when I go to Black Rock, the fliers are thick and so are the crawlers and so is the bug juice.......

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PowerfisherI had someone tell me once that garlic added to your meals on a daily basis will help keep the biters away. I just use Ultrathon for the biters. We dont have tics and chiggers up here in the Sierras, just flying biters, but when I go to Black Rock, the fliers are thick and so are the crawlers and so is the bug juice.......

I do take garlic tablets daily.
Orally even.

Originally Posted By: Beartry Chigger-X you can get it at your local drug store over the counter.Thank God we do not have chiggers in western Colorado.

They sell it by the gallon ?

Over the years, I've tried about every over the counter chigger
killer stuff I could. Chigger-rid, Chigger-x, etc... They all
work to a limited degree. Best thing I've found for chigger
bites is fingernails.

Originally Posted By: cawilson82If they are that bad on your ballz and you've not shot yourself your tougher than me

Jack Daniels in just the right amount cures that.

Back