What size Butler creek flipcaps?

RobT2K

I have a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40, and I'm trying to get the right size Butler creek flip covers for it.

Anyone have this scope w/these caps?

The chart doesn't really help me thought, I have no way to accurately measure the scope eyepiece and objective. Butler Creek recommends using a micrometer or caliper.

I think the number is inside of the flip up, it is a 2 digit number for the cap size.

Last edited:
"I have no way to accurately measure the scope eyepiece and objective. Butler Creek recommends using a micrometer or caliper"
Either get a measuring instrument or forever remain in the dark. A tape measure is probably accurate enough.

Jack

rob, i went to bass pro got some caps went to the gun and optics counter and fitted to thier scope wich was the same as the on i had at home but it kept me from havein to carry a gun all the way to the city.

I see you are in California and it may not be an option, but when I bought mine, I just brought my gun into the store with me. Most gun stores, including Sportsmans Warehouse will let you bring a gun into the store as long as they are checked in first at customer service. Kinda takes the guess work out of it when you can fit them right at the counter.

I don't have either of those stores near me in CA. The closest thing to one of those types of stores here is Big 5 and their service is the suck.

I ordered the Butler Creek caps from Cabelas recently for one of my scopes, and they were on back order for over 2 months before they finally shipped. Maybe that's not the case with the size you need, but I almost gave up on getting caps for my most recent scope.
If you've got a scope that Cabelas sells, and if you've got a Cabelas catalog handy, look up your scope and to the far right of the particular scope listing, you will see a order code number for the exact Butler Creek scope cover that you will need.

Quote:
The chart doesn't really help me thought, I have no way to accurately measure the scope eyepiece and objective. Butler Creek recommends using a micrometer or caliper.

I think the number is inside of the flip up, it is a 2 digit number for the cap size.

Ok looks like you did'nt scoll down the page where it lists all different mfg scopes and the size needed....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

So I did it for you.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Burris Fullfield II 3-9X40 14,25

Thanks for the help! I completely missed the info in your link you sent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I'll get the right ones now, and send back the ones I got.

Thanks again for everyones help!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

The easiest way I found to do this is look up your scope on Midway. Normally they have the caps listed at the bottom of the page under other things you might want. This has worked for me in the past hopefully it works for everyone else.

Well I finally got the correct size flip caps today. After a few returns. The chart that was linked above isn't always correct according to the salesman at optic zone. The 14 was too big for the eyepiece.cnoll84's measurments were correct.

For future reference, in case anyone searches, the correct size for Burris fullfield II 3-9x40 is:
Objective- 25
Eyepiece- 13

Well, that chart at Eabco also has it wrong for the Burris Fullfield 2, so I guess you can't be 100% sure unless you measure the scope yourself.

Back