What makes a good coyote shotgun?

Originally Posted By: GCOP from 2012...

[beeep]...I'm that guy
thumbdown.gif

Not sure how I even saw it and didn't realize how old it was. I'm sure he's taken care of now.

How about a J C Higgins 12 gauge - 2 3/4" - tube magazine - bolt action with a factory Poly Choke ? The Poly Choke was way ahead of its time . You can adjust it for a super tight pattern to a very open one . But you have to work the bolt fast for good ejection ,
Soup

I shoot a lot of different shotguns on coyotes, 16 and 12ga with 2 1/2 to 3 inch chambers mostly with 1oz or 1 1/4oz of NP BB's.

To me the very most important things a with a coyote shotgun is FIT. When the shotgun hits your shoulder your eye needs to be on the sights, if you have to Bob your head around to get lined up you are wasting time or will take the shot before you should.

Knowing how you shotgun shoots is very important also even with the light loads I use I rarely lose a shotgun coyote because I know the limits of my load and stay within those limitations.

Most of my shotguns are combo guns so I don't have to try and stretch them for long shots.

Last edited:
Back