What is the lightest factory bullet for .308

just shoot some solids or if that is illegal maybe one of the big game designs that holds together like corelokt or partitions. Or you could try and go the other way about it. Try to find a load that just explodes and doesn't exit but I think the .308 is just too powerful to not exit.

Overall you sort of got the wrong caliber for collecting fur. If you big on fur get a .222, 223, or similar small CF.

Collecting fur probably isn't in the 110 grains vocabulary. And, I can assure you, there is NO need to step up to 150 or 165 grain bullets for deer hunting. My father shot 110s in his 308 religiously for years. I have no idea how many deer he's piled up with that gun, several Bear as well, more than a few hogs, the largest of which tipped the scales at close to 400 pounds, and a whole bunch of other critters... and I'd dare say that about 99% of all of them were killed with 110 grain bullets.

It's an awesome shooting round, but it's probably gonna blow big holes in coyotes at anything shy of 300 - 400 yards.

I read where you weren't saving fur. Shoot em with whatever is the most accurate out of your rifle and be tickled pink.
smile.gif

So they have a softball sized exit. Who cares? When ya leave em lay there, turn em over so the big gaping hole is towards earth and nobody will be the wiser.

I use the Remington Managed Recoil rounds, in my .270 win. The .308 uses a 125 grain bullet, at 2660 fps. That should keep the trajectory close to a normal 180 grain load. Yet, do less damage. I only buy rifle calibers that they make a reduced load for. That way it's like getting two rifles, for the price of one.

Back