what I have learned..

PrairieMuffin. Since you liked to hunt on your own you could never give it up, but to each their own.

I was always going didn't matter if someone else wanted to go or not. They will find me where the buzzards are circling.

My two kids are old enough they are going hunting with friends so I'm back to going alone, wife isn't interested and all the friends are divorced and moved away but I love to hunt.

my wife will go with me if i ask a couple of times and kind of push her to come with. she doesnt like the killing and butchering part, but does help with the cutting and wrapping.
it sure does make my day when she goes for a ride-along and we get to spend some alone-time.

Quote:
my wife will go with me if i ask a couple of times and kind of push her to come with. she doesnt like the killing and butchering part, but does help with the cutting and wrapping.
it sure does make my day when she goes for a ride-along and we get to spend some alone-time.

This reminds me of my wife about 20 yrs. ago. Took her deer hunting and smeared deer blood on her face when she wasen't looking. She carried the heart above her head while I drug the deer across a creek. Shined my light back on her while crossing the creek. Would've made a good horror flick. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Not her bag, she will just cook and eat it.

Had a buddy that we convinced his girlfriend she needed to rub fox piss on her face to fool the deer. She did it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif There still married today.

Quote:
I'm glad that I have some hobbies that my wife doesn't wish to share in. That way I can get away from her from time to time.

Praire Muffin,

AZ makes an excellent point here. There are times in a husband's married life when he NEEDS alone time. He may love you dearly, but too much togetherness is NOT good.
If fact, the secret to a happily married life is seeing LESS of each other.
Gracefully, allow him the space he NEEDS.

Martyn

Heres what I think. You said yourself you love it even if you go alone, so let them do what they are and you go alone. I'd be happy to have you by my side hunting with me if we lived close enough. You'd be welcome any time you wanted to go, of corse I'd have to use you as an example for my daughter that girls can hunt too if they want /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

t/c223encore.

Well use me as an example no matter!!! GIRLS CAN DO IT TOO... LOL!

Well I can't stay away from guns.. yesterday I go into my fathers house didn't know he had bought a crap load of guns.. walk into the back room start digging through them.. he has this omg it's NICE!!!.. 30.06 Ruger MM77 Mark II
has a nickel barrel with a beautiful woodstock boltaction (my favorite)... I tried like heck to steal it.. I offered to buy it he just wasn't about to let me have it.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

fathers sheesh who needs them... lmao he says would you stay the heck outta my guns you can't take any of them.. he looked at hubs says "sheesh your wife...moves out and is still trying to steal my guns".. hubs says shes worse then most men.. I don't know what else to say! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I found this answer... $900.OO you have too look under the the right spot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm glad that I have some hobbies that my wife doesn't wish to share in. That way I can get away from her from time to time.

Praire Muffin,

AZ makes an excellent point here. There are times in a husband's married life when he NEEDS alone time. He may love you dearly, but too much togetherness is NOT good.
If fact, the secret to a happily married life is seeing LESS of each other.
Gracefully, allow him the space he NEEDS.

Martyn

I have been with him for 15yrs this I know rather well. There is times I just can't wait until I get my free time as well.
I don't like to fight about things either I like to say here is what is on my mind.. take it how you see it fit... but then again I get more points acrossed by just saying this is my thoughts for the day and leave it at that. I get an answer, sometimes men/woman just don't relize that they are making you feel that way either. If i'm told he just needs time with the boys hey I'm all for that.. go out and have fun.. just say so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back