What do you carry / CCW

I have a S&W 637 in a pocket holster living in the truck console that I'll drop in a pocket once in a great while.
Living where I do and doing the things I do CC really isn't necessary but since our great state went to the trouble to pass a law doing away with CC permits I feel obliged to honor their wishes now and then.

To each their own. The sub $200 price sets off my radar to begin with and 150 trouble free rounds is not even in the same universe as something I would consider reliable and bet my life or the lives of my loved ones on. As others have said, if you are involved in a defensive shooting......the cost of a firearm will be the least of your worries. Walther PPQ M1 for me.

I rotate between an XDM 45acp 3.8" and a GP-100 2-1/4" 357. Thinking of finding something thinner and lighter for appendix carry year round.

The first carry pistol that I bought is a XD 45 compact, but due to the weight, which didn't seem that much at the time,it became more of truck console nightstand weapon. The one you find on me is a 9mm Shield in a Sticky Holster.

I like to punish myself.

Since its a self-defense weapon and not an everyday shooter, I too carry a S&W Shield sometimes, only mine is in 45 ACP.

Its reliable and a bit much to shoot lots of ammo through every day, but it is one that I do practice with frequently so that I feel OK with having it along. It definitely packs a punch, and if needed, I doubt that I'll notice the recoil.

Other times I have an older 3" Kimber Ultra CDP II and a Springfield EMP in 40 S&W that make for good carry material. Along with a couple of others.

I carry a H&K VP9. Too big sometimes but I wanted something I could carry and also have fun at the range with. I am a lefty and I love the ambidextrous controls without having to switch a righty gun to only lefty. I am thinking very hard about an airweight or subcompact so I don't have to be so picky about clothing.

None of the single stack subs are real fun to shoot, but sure would be nice on the waistband.

I only carry when I go to town, and that's not much.

I want to thanks everyone. Everybody has many great choices of firearms.
I like the two, who carry the Keltec P32 in 32ACP.
I did not like putting a price tag on how good a pistol is.
That Kimber Solo, I own is a little brick. I sent it back to Kimber twice.
It will only fire 2 or 3 times without jamming. Anyone want $700 piece of junk.
I am going to get me 39C soon. Nice pistol for summertime.
When, I walk the woods I shoot a SR22, nice little 22LR by Ruger.
Thanks.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistI figure if it comes to that the pistol will be the least of my worries.
I understand what you are saying though.

I agree. I carry a smith Wesson shield 9mm.

Currently carrying a Springer XDs in 9. Carry my sig scorpion carry on occasion as well, but I wear suspenders under my outside shirt because that thing is a tank to carry (another tall, skinny, buttless guy) and having back issues, the suspenders tend to spread out the weight more.

Looking at getting a M&P 2.0 compact in 40 though as I love my other M&P in 40. That's my woods gun when bow hunting.

Originally Posted By: willy1947

I want to thanks everyone. Everybody has many great choices of firearms.
I like the two, who carry the Keltec P32 in 32ACP.
I did not like putting a price tag on how good a pistol is.
That Kimber Solo, I own is a little brick. I sent it back to Kimber twice.
It will only fire 2 or 3 times without jamming. Anyone want $700 piece of junk.
I am going to get me 39C soon. Nice pistol for summertime.
When, I walk the woods I shoot a SR22, nice little 22LR by Ruger.
Thanks.

I had a Solo, per the owners manual AND my own personal experience, you have to use premium ammo over 124grains. Mine would fire 2-3 and then jam shooting 115's for practice. Shooting Golden Saber 124 or Critical Duty 135+P it ran like a sewing machine. It was a tiny little thing but VERY heavy. Much happier with my Glock 43, shoots whatever you feed it and it was only $365.

Back