What caliber for BOBCATS??

I have never hunted bobcat, but it seems they are spread all over Western Wahington. The most recent one I saw, about 6 weeks ago, was crossing the street between Fall City and Redmond. Saw several in the hills south of North Bend, one carrying a small animal of some sort in its mouth. They aren't common, but they are around. Its very cool to watch them move- big old hunter feet that remind me of lions. Do be careful of cougars, there are several on Rattlesnake Ridge according to the forest people. Good luck!

17 rem nocks them dead no exit on the 5 i shot when i had it
entrence so tiny i didn't sew it. shot placement is importent but the 17 will put it there.

I use 40 grain v-max on both bobs and yotes. The white box ammo you talk about is good accurate ammo, but not real fur friendly. The worse damage I have seen done to a yote (in under .30 cal) was with the 40 round white box 40-45 grainers (HP).

With any of them stay away from the heavy bone and you should be allright. Also me being a new fur guy, the bobs are super thin skinned and are IMO hard to skin without cuts so whats an extra hole to sew?

Back