What Brand Scope You Use - Poll

Well [beeep]! Looks like I may have to start checking out some Leupold glass. If PM guys think it's the best glass for the buck, I'm sold.

I have a Leupold MK4 ERT but would take my IOR Valdada's over it anyday. I feel the glass quality is better and the scope just feels beefier overall. Nothing wrong with the Leupold by any means, but for negligible price difference the IOR wins in my eyes.

I have a cheap model Nikon on my .223 that is very clear to my eyes for the price, and works well in low light. I tried a Vortex on my 30-06 and that is over double the price and I don't think its any clearer. I like it though. My new ar wears Nikon.

I use Leupold the most. Nikon second. I have a Nightforce on my match rifle and if I could afford them I would shoot more of them. My Leupolds are clear and so are the Nikons,but, the turrets on the Nightforce sure do feel good also. Have a Leupold Mark 4 4x14x50 Illuminated on one of my hunting rifles that is very impressive in clarity and the clicks on the turret.

Originally Posted By: wargeWhich Leopold's models are everybody fond of? I just did some searching and most of the Scopes have a 3x magnification range, as in a 3-9 power or 4-12 power. I realise everybody is different and maybe I'm just picky about my Scopes. But if I wanted a broader magnification range like a 3-18(which would be awesome) I would have to spend over 2k! That's not in my budget.

My buddy picked up a 3x18, its the one that they will make a turret for you, it was on close out for about $680, reg price was around $1100 or so.
It is one fine piece of glass. The turret is nice too, starts at 200yds, we were shooting at 450yds......he just dialed it up and it was dead nuts on.

Here Kitty Kitty

As far as hunting scopes go, Leica is my number one choice, but I also hunt with Zeiss Diavari's too.
I have owned them all and there are a lot of good working scopes out there, but if you need to see right up until dark most others just don't get it.

It is actually surprising to see the numbers. I figured that Leupold would lead but really thought a few of the others would have higher numbers than they do.

Originally Posted By: reb8600This actually surprising to see the numbers. I figured that Leupold would lead but really thought a few of the others would have higher numbers than they do.

I thought Vortex would be up there a bit more. I was surprised to see otherwise.

Actually Vortex being a relatively new company compared to Bushnell Nightforce Zeiss and others it would seem they have done well.
I think Vortex along with a couple others have put enough pressure on Leupold that their product has gotten noticeably better especially in the glass department over the last few years

Originally Posted By: reb8600It is actually surprising to see the numbers. I figured that Leupold would lead but really thought a few of the others would have higher numbers than they do.

Well since it was a only pick one poll, I picked Leupold.

NF NXS are my favorite scopes that I own.

Originally Posted By: Bad Dawg I thought Vortex would be up there a bit more...
Me to, I'm slowly replacing Burris with Vortex. Big fan of V-Brite reticles.

Last 4 scopes I bought have bought have been Nikons, in my price range and seem quite good for the money spent. I do have an old weaver on my sako 243 that has never let me down.

Back