WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MAKE NEXT SEASON A HIT !!!

Ricky Bobby

Thought it might be interesting to ask everyone what kind of things they'd like to change or work on in order to make their season more successfull next year? Just because another season is coming to an end, doesn't mean we have to stop thinking about coyotes and how we can put them down! I will start with a few things I plan on working on during the spring and summer months. First on my list, I will be working up some loads for my .204 using some 35gr and 40gr Berger bullets. I have finally gotten around to obtaining some reloading equipment(something I've wanted to do for years) and I'm in need of trying to prevent runners for next season. Another thing on my to-do-list before next year is to get my Remington SP10 setup with a red dot and start using it for coyotes more often. I have gotten burned numerous times this year with rifle in my hand when I knew from the start that the stand I was on was screaming shotgun all the way! Of course, like most other predator hunters, I need to practice as often as possible with my handcalls. I've hunted for almost 15 years and first explored handcalls this year, and let me say, they work! I would like to be less dependant on my e-caller next year. Lastly, I need to do some camoing. Any equipment I plan on taking to the field next year whether it's a gun, caller, etc. will be painted camo. I called in several coyotes this season that I wasn't able to bring home for no other explanation than they busted me! I'm pretty sure being winded wasn't what was happening because of the way I was setup, so I'm guessing they are seeing something they don't like! Hope some people find this topic interesting and I wasn't to long winded with it.

I am gonna make it a point to work on my howling skills. Gonna learn what one means to the other and how they respond in my area.

Land lots of land.

1. Acquire more spots and form more relationships.
2. Also Prepping the wifey on the fact that this is my new offseason hobby and that I'll be gone.
3. Just receieved Tony Tebbe video and will be fine tuning set ups before I hit the woods.

Hopefully I'll have turned my Mauser K98 into a sporterized .220 Swift.
drool.gif
And also have some snow camo bibs.

getting a couple more builds done, 6.5X284 and 7mm, both for some LR kill shots!!! oh yeah, i'm also upgrading my [beeep] rangefinder!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: misterfuzzerI will have a .22 can AND a .30 can so I can choose my weapon for the job at hand.
very good upgrade decision for next year!!!

I'll have a .22lr can, a 9mm can and a LONG RANGE pill tosser in an AR10 style to help skinney with his next video! BOOM!

Last edited:
Watch some movies and get a tan.
Currently putting camo on my track rig.
Making a gun rest for it.
Buying some ammo, don't want to run out.
Might take a shower for scent control.
Figure out how to put cassete sounds on foxpro.
Buy some electric clothing to stay warm.

Eating healthy, working out 4-5 days a week, YES must do those 2 OTHERWISE my old 46 year old body can't do what it takes to stay in the game. When you are young, you take it for granted. Most guys my age can't hang with the young men anymore.

Find and acquire more places to hunt at. Learn to use my calls better. Develop better patience. and most important learn and build my first AR!!
thumbup.gif

I will be practicing hand calling til.my wife hurts me, get a 6mmDTI set up, and continue with my goal to loose a bunch of weight and be in good shape to hunt my [beeep] off, and go for long snowshoe hikes and come out loaded down with fur
smile.gif

Back