What animal is this? (game cam pic)

lanole

What is it? Not taken by me, was posted on another forum. Was taken in NW FL near AL line.

MDGC0026.jpg

Last edited:
That's waht I thought too. Others on the other forum, aldeer.com, seem to think it is a jaguarundi. Doesn't look like a cat of any kind to me.

Doesnt look right for a mangy coyote. With the mange, they will have patches of hair completely gone on their body. This thing looks to have hair everywhere that you can see in the pics.

From the looks of the 2nd picture......KANGAROO? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Its not a jaguarundi ears are too long and pointy I have seen two jaguarundi and they are not that tall and long legged and in the picture it looks as the nose is long also and Jaguarundi have a catlike face. When I saw them I thought they were young mountain lions but after looking at the tracks and referencing books we realized what they were.

head and ears are not right for a roo. not a coyote. It almost looks like a prehistoric canine.

I would love to see more pictures of it.

I'm going to have to lean more towards some type of cat,even though the legs don't look exactly right.

It appears to be eating pears.

Quote:
It appears to be eating pears.

Yep......like I said........KANGAROO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Seriously....long muscular rear legs, short skinny front legs, long heavy muscular tail....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif Kangaroos have escaped and gotten out in the population before....

Last edited:
I'm sure they can but it really doesn't look mangy it looks like it is in transition between a summer coat and winter coat. I've seen young fox look like that here early in the fall.

Quote:
What is it? Not taken by me, was posted on another forum. Was taken in NW FL near AL line.

MDGC0026.jpg

Is there any possibility that this photo could have been doctored? The rear end does not look consistent with the rest of the body. Could it have been pasted on in a photoshop makeover?

I am almost embarrassed to suggest this, but the long neck and body look like a small Whitetail deer, but the right hind leg and tail looks like that of a mountain lion. I was able to zoom into the photo on my screen and enlarge it and it just doesn't look right.

Anyways...

Back