What a man won't do for a woman!

How far are you from Sawyer, Flint? That looks like the country between Sawyer or Medicine Lodge. Spent a couple of months there in '98 & 99. Every time I passed through wished I could get loose long enough to try to hunt there.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996How far are you from Sawyer, Flint? That looks like the country between Sawyer or Medicine Lodge. Spent a couple of months there in '98 & 99. Every time I passed through wished I could get loose long enough to try to hunt there.

Regards,
hm

Hey hm, I'm probably 2 1/2 hrs. East of Pratt and a little North. Pratt is North of Sawyer and Medicine Lodge. I've always wanted to hunt the cedar breaks West of Medicine Lodge but haven't had an oppurtunity. Maybe someday.
The hills here probably have more of a steep elevation change with numerous limestone outcrops, a layer or layers of flint and in some areas some large slabs of limestone on top of the ground. Even in the rocky pastures there is a layer of very fertile dirt.
I believe the hills down there are a combination of red dirt or sand, depending on where in the area you are, much like Oklahoma.
I believe they both harbor a decent amount of coyotes/bobcats.

Again, thanks to all for the kind words.

There isn't any coyotes around Sawyer🤣

xnLl1WZ.jpg'
[/url][/img]

Last edited:
Quote:I've always wanted to hunt the cedar breaks West of Medicine Lodge but haven't had an oppurtunity. Maybe someday.

I believe the hills down there are a combination of red dirt or sand, depending on where in the area you are, much like Oklahoma.
I believe they both harbor a decent amount of coyotes/bobcats.

I retired and sold my business to a long time customer and moved it to Sawyer in March of '98. Spent a month helping get it started back up again. It burned to the ground a year later and I spent another month helping get it back up and running again. Met lots of great folks up there.

Didn't carry a rifle with me and didn't have any spare time to use it anyway, but picked lots of great spots for stands around those deep gullies and thick cedar along the highway between Sawyer & Medicine Lodge. Would love to have done some calling there; there's gotta be cats in there.

Originally Posted By: kswaterfowlThere isn't any coyotes around Sawyer

Whyzat, KS, was that the last one left?
wink.gif
lol.gif
That does look more like Sawyer. Does Pratt still have the Hot & Cold water towers?

Regards,
hm

MB, God made right handers just so the coyotes would have a fair chance. It wouldn't be fair if everyone was left handed.

hm, hopefully there are plenty more. Because I will probably make my way back down there next weekend. And Pratt still has both water towers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kswaterfowlThere isn't any coyotes around Sawyer🤣

xnLl1WZ.jpg'
[/url][/img]

Well if you run out I'm sure you would find more to the WEST!
lol.gif

Back