We're all gonna LOSE !!!!

Hidalgo

.....if we don't quit arguing about this Zumbo / Nugent issue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Grunter...me and you obviously disagree. But that's OK Dave, 'cause I still like you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

VirginiaCoyote...we exchanged a few jabs. Not my usual routine, and I expect it probably isn't yours either. That's not what we're here for, is it? Sorry about that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Everybody else on here who reads this:

Please continue with the ranting and raving about the above mentioned guys if that's your pleasure. I'm a little ticked at the whole situation too.

But we need to stop arguing and battling amongst ourselves as to the right/wrong of the situation. Any way you look at it, it was damaging. We all agree on that. Let's all try to gather together in a disciplined manner and attack this thing together.

Sorry...just my thoughts. Family members can have squabbles. That's normal. But our family is carrying this a little too far now. We all need to calm down a little and aim our thoughts in the proper directions.

Once again, just my humble observation/opinion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

+3 we could better use the effort to educate our State Reps and Congress personal, that and our "Family" ( South and Tripod )here and in Iraq need our thoughts and prayers......
Sorry just got cought up in everything else.

During this whole mess, how many of us have called our congressman? I will admit I have not. I wonder what kind of effect we could have if we all decided to call/write/e-mail our elected officials once a week every week even when no legislation was pending. By the time legislation came up they would be so damn scared to vote for it it would never pass. We need them to know that we don't just oppose gun control when some democrat sponsored bill arrives on their desks, we oppose gun control every day!

If you were going to practice for a marathon, you wouldn't wait until the week before the race and lace up your sneakers and start to jog around the block. You would run a little each day and keep yourself in shape for the big race.

I think the Outdoor channel, Outdoor life, Cabela's, etc. have gotten the message. By now they know our stance, either they are going to do the right thing or they are not. This campaign has been a fine job and shown what we are made of, lets not loose the momentum now. Lets redirect it to congress.

Hidalgo is right, fighting amongst ourselves will accomplish nothing, only weaken our position. The real damage from Zumbo is that he divided us, lets not let that happen any more.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++7

Hidalgo
Has some good points.....You guys will be arguing among yourselves while you are getting back doored...We have to stay focused on the issuses....Not dumbo he has already hung himself.....stay focused guys........stump

I agree 100 %
What dumbo did was costly and he is now paying the price lets get past the ripple and continue on our journey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

QUOTE: "During this whole mess, how many of us have called our congressman? I will admit I have not. I wonder what kind of effect we could have if we all decided to call/write/e-mail our elected officials once a week every week even when no legislation was pending."
I for one have.We in MN have possable change in the works thanks to STUMP,Remote caller use- here in MN we cannot use remotes, cell phones, radios etc for hunting- hell even carring your cell for safety reasons can and will get you an ticket to see the judge.
We all SHOULD keep in contact with our reps, bit WE seldom do.
I for one beleive WE should stand up and be noticed-BEFORE ITS TO LATE.
ZUPS aka varmithntr
( steping off my soap box now)

+9, I must admit though I can't remember the last time I've seen this much energy spent on a issue like this.

The response by so many so quickly against Zumbo was very impressive to say the least. A good thing in my book. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I think the military folks would call it shock and aw!!!

Well said Hidalgo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif We do need to hold congress' feet to the fire, however. When the libs took over Congress, we all knew what to expect, and it has already begun:
HR 1022....McCarthy again!

Thanks to Yotes2call for the heads up. Use the links in above thread to contact Congressman Boucher and your reps.

Quote:
hell even carring your cell for safety reasons can and will get you an ticket to see the judge.

You gotta be kidding! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif This goes to show you just how far the opposition will go. It's gonna be a long haul, friends, roll up your sleeves.

Long live the republic of Texas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
I agree with you Hilalgo. It was good to get to word out on what happened, where to find info, and who to contact. But now it's just hashing and rehashing the same thing over and over. (IMO just argueing amongst ourselves) Thats not good!!!!

Quote:
Use the links in above thread to contact Congressman Boucher and your reps.

Congressman Boucher has been a good friend, and seemingly good friend to sportsman. My only beef with him has been some of his views and that he's a Democrat. He's done a lot for our area. I spent a lot of time in the Rayburn Building when I was National President of SkillsUSA trying to gain support for the Carl Perkins Act. My Sunday School teacher from church is the secretary at his Pulaski Office. I'll speak with him and let you all know what happens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif.

Last edited:
Zumbo Zinger ...... OFF!!

Politician Zinger ......... HIGH GEAR!!

Hildago is absolutely right ..... Zumbo is dust .... and now ..... it's the politicians who need to be SHAKING IN THEIR SHOES!!!!!!

LETS GET AT IT!!

Three 44s

Back