Weasel Ball Toy Modified For A Predator Decoy

Yes I'm sure the raptors are hungry also. At least they think they may have dinner waiting? The stake at the bottom of the weasel holds it firmly. I will have to rig up a way to hold the weasel securely to the end of the wire.

I like these! I am going to try to come up with an inexpensive "chopper" to make the movement sporadic, say move every 2-5 seconds for a short burst. Need to think about this a little bit. It will eat up power to do this though. An auxiliary power pack would not be hard to fabricate at all. This is a really cool and cheap decoy idea. Thanks!

I used this, I bought them from cracker barrel, I lost the first one to a suburban fox, I use stainless steel falconry swivel so the string wont twist up. Use a short stake or long nail... works and its a great visual, better than any shaking rabbit

I made one this summer and mine seemed to be alittle loud. How loud are the ones you guys made? Or will the calling hide the sound of the weasel ball decoy? Thanks

Ok, here is a thought if you mounted the ball inverted from the direction you currently have and made the motor rigid (not moving) wouldn't the other ball half turn independantly from the motor? This would allow you to make a larger battery pack possible. I have a weasel ball I will mess around with when I get home.

Last edited:
I have 2 or 3 weasel balls that I use as decoys. The oldest one is worn and has become a little noisey. All I do is paint the ball black or brown, drill a small hole in the top half of the ball to attaach a peice of black nylon string with a fishing swivel. I usually cut the string about 6" long. Then I hang the weasel ball from a tree limb, fence, old arrow shaft, etc., over the foxpro caller. It moves just enough that the coyote dials in on it. I have killed several coyotes using it. Cheap decoy. Where I hunt there is always a tree or fence to use. Killed one last year that came in upwind of me and was standing 14 yds. from me staring at the weasel ball. she was so focused on the weasel she had not clue I was there.

Back