Wanting a 17 remington, is there a factory rifle or go custom?

Originally Posted By: Uncle JimboOriginally Posted By: K22Should I assume there is something wrong with the Norma 17 Rem. brass and that is why everyone is wanting remanufactured 17 Rem brass from 223?

I don’t think there is anything wrong with Norma 17Rem brass. I believe people are using HP (reman) brass due to availability and price. We as predator hunters seem to be a thrifty bunch who are always looking to save a few bucks without compromising end results. Remanufacured brass is just one of many ways we save money to allow for more shooting.

Thanks U. Jimbo, that makes sense.
smile.gif

These prices aren't to terrible.
17 Rem Brass

I have a mid-90s vintage 700 BDL Deluxe (factory engraving) in .17 Rem. It was one of my prairie dog rifles back in the 90's. It was a great shooter for a sporter weight barrel, watching impacts was very entertaining with it! I took a few groundhogs off my property with it but it never did see action on predators.

Originally Posted By: minklessinpa Shoots good enough for me! never been charged by a ground grizzly yet!

Oh worry not. I have killed every single charging grizzly that I ever shot with mine. Cape buffalo and elephant too.

Dang. Wish I would of jumped back on PM sooner, been away for a while. I have a 17 rem blueprinted rem 700 in a hs stock with H.S. dbm. Has shilen 9” twist finished at 22” with 1/2” threaded muzzle. Never had a round through it yet. Got same barrel on a cz527 and it shoots dimes all day. Gonna post it in classifieds soon to find another project.

Back