walmart no longer selling firearms in the state of michigan

Quote:
They have done what they started to do and run many of the small independants out of business...

I always laugh when I read this!

Has anybody seen WalMart send huge busses out every day to round people up and then make them shop there? Who owns all of those cars in their parking lot?

It's the locals that just got tired of paying the 'mom and pops' full retail pricing that shut down the 'mom and pops'.

Same thing happened to GM, Ford, and Chrysler. While they were basking in their huge margins, those little cars from overseas with the mostly small profit margins caught them napping and stole their customers.

Remember Montgomery Wards? J.C. Penneys? Sears? WalMart will get too big for their britches, a new guy will come along, and WalMart will fall by the wayside eventually. Right now, they have almost achieved critical mass. The new upscale stores are a desperate attempt to hang on a little longer. They are not proving successful in the test markets.

Wall Street just wants MORE. They don't care how they achieve it as long as those dividends keep rolling in.

Simple Economics in a fickle society whose only loyalty is to their wallet. WalMart just happens to be on top now so they take all of the arrows.

If Walmart would stop selling the chinese imports which make up 70-80% of the stores products and stop hiring illegal immigrants I might go in one again.

Boy what an interesting discussion. Our local walmart is still selling guns here in Lewiston Idaho. It's a good thing they read the signs when they moved their stores into Idaho.

They say "Welcome to Idaho, please set your clocks back 20 years".

I've bought several guns from them including three Remington 870 shotguns and a Mossberg 835 Ulti-mag. I've never bought a rifle, but I usually look for used guns first anyway.

One thing for sure our Walmarts parking lot is always full so there certianly getting their share of the dollar of the folks that live around here.

As a consumer I shop at Walmart a bunch, their prices are just the ticket for me. As far as local gun dealers, well if I could afford some of the prices I see I'd sure be a lot richer than I am.

I live in Western N. Carolina. i learned just yesterday that 3 Walmart's in W.N.C. will stop carrying guns in mid March. they are also dropping the fabrics and pet fish depts. at the same time. I buy hunting clothes, ammo, and other stuff there. I have never bought a gun from Walmart and never will. most of their guns are cheaper and for good reasons-- most are NOT the same guns you find at Bass Pro or your local gun dealer.I have had Marlin and Ruger sales representives tell me that face to face. Also their Leopolds scopes are made in China, not the US. So as far as gun sales, me or my friends won't miss them.

Haven't purchased anything in a Walmart in at least 5 years (one of their employees pulled a stunt [lied to my boss] that cost me a job). I have on several occasions compared prices to another sporting goods store and Wally's usually weren't any better on average. They don't want my business anymore? Good I don't like doing business with them anyhow.

Quote:
If Walmart would stop selling the chinese imports which make up 70-80% of the stores products and stop hiring illegal immigrants I might go in one again.

Sadly, that notion eliminates most retail stores, hardwares store, restaurants, grocery stores, etc... here in the border states.

Chinese products and 'foreign exchange students' are everywhere.

Quote:
I just got off the phone with the regional manager for my area of walmart. I called because every walmart that i am going to is no longer selling firearms. I can see some of there stores in the bigger markets not carrying them but several of there smaller markets walmart is the only avenue for customers to purchase a firearm. Anyways he said that walmart is discontinuing sales of guns in all michigan stores but two and they are fremont and bigrapids. All other walmarts in the state will no longer carry firearms effective february 9th. He said the more calls he gets the more imput he gave give the upstairs corporate guys.
His name is Joe Woods and his Number is 616-949-7670.

Good, now I can keep not buying them there even easier.......

I get a kick out of this thread. I have never been a Walmart fan because of their association with the Communist Chinese. It may be possible that they are gearing to a more affluent clientele because they know us middle income folks are going to be reduced to a very low income serfdom.

Back