Vote for which caliber for the PM hunt rifle

I was going to say "stick with a factory round", which makes sense for a rifle to be raffled. But thinking about it, I think it's unlikely that someone who can shoot good enough to win it isn't a reloader. I'd vote a 6.5 Grendel myself, but then a bit a bit prejudiced as that's my newest chambering LOL

Maybe narrow it down to 2-3 calibers, and let the previous egg shoot winners vote on it? But if you make it an all around varmint/predator gun, that would be a .223/5.56, and everybody has one of those calibers at least. This is a special gun, so I think a special caliber, but not so exotic, is what the gun deserves. I mean that paint job last time with the wooden case is gonna be hard enough to out do.

I've become a fan of the Creedmores (either 6mm or 6.5mm),,,,possibly due to that being my latest endeavor, but it's a flat shooting, very accurate, cartridge that has some long range potential with a wide variety of bullet weights/styles available...Also available in the AR platform...

Originally Posted By: Arizona BushmanI dare you to build a 22-250 on an AR platform....................

Double dog dare.. lol

I also think that even with everything calming down and bullets on the shelves again the one thing i look for every time i go into the local big box stores is the 6.5 bullets my friends use and it's never there.. I think it's easier to find 22's than 6.5 bullets.
For that reason alone, i wouldn't vote for it.

Originally Posted By: bushy6x6.8

because it really is the do it all in the AR15 platform...

. . . but it's the 243's hotter younger sister if you ask me.

Haha, I like that analogy!

My vote goes for the 20prac or 22x6.8, but that's just because I've already got a 6x6.8.

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: Eugene Canterbury6x6.8. I thought there was someone making factory ammo for that caliber.

I would guess that most previous winners were reloaders anyway. And it's probably only a handful of guys that even will have a chance at winning it. So you might as well go for a caliber that you and Greg have worked to put out. It's what you are kinda known for anyway I would think.

Tactical Ammunition does sell loaded ammunition for the 6X6.8.

Greg

++1

Well since I fully intend on winning the egg shoot if I can get there, I would like it to be a 17/223, 6.5 creedmore, or a 6x6.8
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kwg020I like 22-250 with a 10" twist.
kwg

Hard to stuff that in a standard AR safely. The 22X6.8 comes very close.

Greg

Back