Virginia callers having any luck

decoy sounds like you need some help with all of those grays i just happen to know someone that would come and help you out lol nice looking grays Ron

Quote:
decoy sounds like you need some help with all of those grays i just happen to know someone that would come and help you out lol nice looking grays Ron

He is obviously talking about me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, you know I'd be there if you need me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif. You've got my number, just dial 1-800-killfox /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Went out tonight made 4 stands and killed 2 greys. It was a pretty good night if you like it cold, it was about 16 degrees.

It was warm and very windy last night, but the first stand managed to produce for us. Here's a pic of Blueridgeboy's first called grey fox:

BowmanGreyFox.jpg

This one came to baby cottontail.
We saw another set of eyes, but the fox hung up in the thick brush at the edge of the field, so I changed to screamin grey fox and fired up the syco tweety at the same time! Foxes came out of the woodwork! Well, really only two, but one jumped up on a row of round hay bales, and ran down the row....and stopped. BRB missed that one @ 125 yards or so, but it was an exiting stand none the less. Four foxes seen from the same stand.
We kill a lot of reds, but this is only the second grey for this year, and BRB's first.
F1

My brother and I finally got to go fox hunting last Tuesday night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Between lousy weather /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif on the nights we could hunt and deer season. This was was our first serious attempt this season. We did 5 stands called in two fox shot at and missed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif one of them. First fox of the season fever I suppose /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif. Good Luck Chris,

I have gone out twice with the call, my step daughter called in two nice greys and I got the female. The second time I saw nothing. I will start predator hunting a lot harder now that deer season is over. Hopefully I can get a few coyotes down before spring gobbler gets here....

I got a foxpro for christmas. Used for the first time 2 days after I got it. I was in the woods still hunting trying to get me a deer. I ended up saying the [beeep] with it and walked back to the truck. I saw the fox pro in the seat and figured I may as well try it out. We had seen coyotes out there before so I took my rifle out there with me. It wasn't 15 minutes after I started calling and I looked down the tree line to my right beside a cut over and saw something in the shadows. I was curious so I took a look at it through my scope. All I saw was a cat's face looking right me about 75 yards away. I had to sit my rifle down for a second and take in what I just saw. Finally I put the crosshairs on it and took it down. It ended up being a 35 pound female bobcat. Called it up at about 5PM using the red fox pup distress call. My friends told me since thats was a female then there should be a male around as well? Someone inform me if this is correct.

Happy huntin

pictures soon

Quote:
fired up the syco tweety

I got the tweety and syco tweety for christmas gifts taking them out Thurs. evening with the PM-4 and taking off work Fri. hoping to get some good stands in.Going to get to hunt some new land my buddy and I got permission to hunt.I will post results(and pics hopefully!).

Been out about four times in Bedford Co and have only seen one coyote about 600 yards - dont even know if he heard my Foxpro cause he was doing his thing and working a field.

went out last night and this morning and saw one yote at night with no shot taken. this morning saw 3 reds with no good shot opportunities maybe some luck will head my way soon...Jason

Hey guys,this is my first post so hello to all. Have been lurking for awhile and finally got around to registering.
First kill of the season was a 23lb. tom bobcat last week of Nov. Had two sitting on their butts at 125 yds. across the field that night looking for several minutes but wouldn't budge. After cranking the scope up to 12x I could make out the ghostly figure and the .223 closed the deal. Killed 3 grays and missed 3 in the last couple weeks. Was having a little trouble with my headlamp glaring off the top of my shotgun barrel and lifting my head off the stock to see the target. Fixed that problem with a red-dot sight.
Got busted by a red the other night because I was packing up to leave 2 minutes too soon.
Had what I'm pretty sure was a 'yote half circle me at 150 yds the other night before disappearing. Been hunting mostly alone so far so its been kinda tough, but having a blast!!
Thanks for all the good info posted here and keep it coming!
Kevin

VaHowler

Welcome to the board.

Cooper and I hunt together mostly in Hanover and King William. It's been a really slow year, our numbers are way down.

pruson

A friend and myself made it out Friday night called up 5 reds but were only able to get two. I made it out this morning and got this cat. This is only the second cat I have ever seen and the first here at home in Va. He came running in to the screamin grey fox.

Getting ready to head out now and see what happens.

TJ

1-12-09CAT.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats TD, a bobcat is a true trophy in anybody's book. Well done.

Scream-N-Gray Fox huh? You never know, do you?

Yeah screamn-n-grey, he came running in like a bat outta he**.

Well we made it out monday night called in a pair of reds on the first stand. My buddy was able to get both of them with his over/under 223/12ga a male and female. Called in one more on the second stand and I missed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif. Last three stands we got blanked.

TJ

Back