Up-close and personal coyote (pics)

while the pics are awsome and im sure the training is pretty brutal and i wouldnt personally enjoy watching it. it truly is amazing how good dogs are at hunting. from bird dogs to pig dogs just watching them work and see they training go into effect is awsome.

now whats a decoy dog exactly? im thinking just looks like a easy meal to yotes then when the yote get curious the other dogs are released? probably wrong haha

just watched some vids. so is thier job just to piss of the yotes and get them to into gun range?

Last edited:
No secret Tony and I have diff ideas about some things, I will though "Go To War" for his right to train dogs as he sees fit.
Tony, don't sweat the "peanut gallery", There is a reason some guys have good dogs, and others will never see one.
Duane

It's all cool guys. I don't let anyone bother me on the topic of coyotes, dogs, or the combination.
grin.gif

Thanks a bunch.

Tony

We can't please everyone:). If you don't like it, you better leave it(predator masters). Coyotes are an Unprotected Species here in NM, there are no rules in regards to harvesting coyotes, any methods necessary, heck the ranchers don't care as long as you get rid of them.

Cool pics Tony, thanks for sharing.

tony operates in a humane way definately i can personaly testify to that the man is a good teacher as well as a learner and puts in the work to bring a dog to its best ability and fine dogs at that. dont think ive met many with his passion for what he loves and strives to learn more about and who is willing to teach to others. glad to call him my freind and i will come to bat for tony any day of the week with fists or wisdom makes no diffrence to me but in truth he does his best to conduct his training and hunting in a humane manner.

tony you da man brotha

un tss un tss un tss un tss

Tony weird question here. Assuming your Dog is actually trained to kill a Coyote, would it not be a little dangerous for him to take one on under equal terms. I have called in a number of multiples that could easily whip a dog.

Just guessing but the dogs hate the Coyotes and as they go after them you call them back drawing in the Coyote. If the dog failed to return he could be in a world of hurt in some situations.

i can understand where the other guy is coming from. He doesnt like the idea of a penned up yote getting torn apart by dogs in training and if thats how it is done then techincally it is how most fighting dogs are trained as well. idk if thats how the training is done (saw one on youtube where thats how it was). But everyone has thier own sets of ethics and morals and what one person seeing as disturbing and wrong, someone else doesnt. just the way life is.

but anyways how do you teach them to restrain from just going after the yotes? watching some of those vids its really neat how the dogs work the yotes into fallowing them to the kill zone. really has to take some tallent to get these hog/ yote dogs that well trained

Daddyflea, I'd rather my dog know how to properly fight a coyote, than to not. Dogs with no fighting experience get hurt. Dogs that know how to bay one, until it makes a mistake and turns it's head, exposing it's neck, will do alot better in the calling field. I've had upwards to 8 coyotes chasing after Gunner. He knows when to fight and when to flee. All my dogs are trained to chase after a coyote, up till the point that I beep them back with the collar. That way, I have full control of the dog, as I have a birds eye view of the situation and see if they are about to get flanked by multiples.

Sawtoothscream, the dogs don't go after a coyote until given the command to. Alot of stands, a coyote is coming in good and is barked and shot, without ever casting the dog. It takes alot of training to get a dog to the point that they only chase on command and sit on prowl, as a coyote is hard charging in. Also, penned up coyotes getting torn apart by dogs is NOT part of my training.

Tony

just went to your site. awsome vids. do you have any vid of the dogs confronting yotes with the camera? would be cool seeing the dogs finding them and watching how they work them.

Yes. Check out my website by clicking on my flashing banner in my signature. I've got quite a bit of information on the site about what I do, about hunting with dogs, etc...

Thanks...Tony

Yeah, I've got a couple of scenes on the video, but they didn't turn out that great. More like a blairs witch project.
smile.gif

If you really want to see some good dogging action, check out Montana Doggers video. http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/products/Montana-Doggers-We-Let-The-Dogs-Out-DVD.html It's well worth the price of admission. Unfortunately, they don't let the coyotes get near as close as they could, before they shoot them, but it shows the tolling with dogs very well.

Thanks...Tony

I don't know Tony
cool.gif
! That one scene in the DVD where you were hunting with a client, three or four yotes came in, your client shot one, Gunner went after the others, brought them back; and your client shot another one of them was pretty cool to me! Good footage IMO! All the video I've seen of your dogs so far amazes me. I would think you would be very proud of your dogs and yourself with how good they've turned out. Again, great pics!

Arden

Great pics, and interesting thread!!

Having hunted for three days with Tony, I can say with confidence that throughout the hunt he has his dog (Gunner) under control and never puts him at risk in a reckless way......

It's a marvel to behold....Gunner is "in the hunt" as a partner. When Gunner lies down and puts his head on his paws, you know it's time to pick up and find another stand.
rolleyes.gif

George

I don't see anything wrong with the manner these dogs are being used in hunting. Antihunters will always be exactly that. For those that don't understand, man AND animal have teamed up for hunting. Falconry? Coon dogs? Bird dogs? Horse? You can watch a Mongol hunter on Discovery Channel hunt wolf and fox with an eagle and everyone has a big clap. What Tony is doing is the same just with dogs. Dog fights are done in a basement for money.

Back