Undecided

Originally Posted By: GC excellent way to screw up a perfectly good shotgun.

Ditto. OK, so what is the point of the old magazine tube the slide runs on? I could see putting a DBM on a semi-auto, and reducing the magazine tube to run a gas piston on, but a pump gun? I think Remington is getting desperate.

Squeeze

I guess it depends on what you want it for. We all have our prejudices and for me, I don’t like a magazine hanging down under. In the Marine Corps I used the BAR and M14, great guns, loved that BAR except on a long hike, but that mag had a way of getting in the way. On an AR type I don’t like anything more than a 10 rounder, my boys like 30’s. I have an 8 round tube on my Beretta, front heavy to be sure, a box mag may balance better but for me, they get in the way, to each his own

i see potential bad things with the placement of the mag release where it is.

why put it on the front of the mag where cycling the gun could potentially cause contact with it?

and why the [beeep] just not put it by the front of the trigger guard like they did with the 7600. its not like mag fed pump actions are a new thing to remington - they've been making them as rifles for decades now (the 760 and the 7600), which are basically a 870 slide strapped onto a 74x/7400 receiver.

works perfect on the rifles (i own one, it was my first deer slayer)..... i dont see how its not adaptable to a rear lock shotgun magazine too.

The thought of pulling my 40 year old 870 Wingmaster out of my safe and replacing it with that one makes my stomach hurt.

I have this one but have never coyote hunted with it. I think those detachable magazines are rrrrrrr-tarded.

rem_m870exp-tact0113111.jpg

It's my home defense shotgun so I can just rack a round in the chamber and the sound of that alone will scare the bad guy away.

tt2.gif
(kidding.)

I agree with what has been said above. Plus who wants to drag around an extra mag of that size that only holds 6 shells. But I'm sure there are plenty of kids and just plain old Jack wagons that the "Tactical/Rambo" appearance will appeal to and they will sell.

Thats the whole problem with firearms today......everyone want to be a mall ninja and TactiKool. BS to me! Hey, they should call it an 870 Creedmore Tactical. Sell like hot cakes!!

Last edited:
so question - and i'm just throwing this out there - would any of you be less offended had Remington chosen to put a different label on it?

lets say if it was the Rem 878DM or something like that. pick any other model number than 870, put it on the gun and then reevaulate it.

i personally feel they have done a disservice to the gun - and the legacy of the 870 as a whole - by launching it under the 870 moniker. but i also wonder how much of that feeling is my long and happy history with the 870 as what it truly was engineered as.

Somewhat makes me think of an old bolt action shotgun for some reason.
What's the point when you can only have 3 rounds in the shotgun here. The Feds have a rubber hose to slide in the tube.
Beyond that it's awkwardly ugly. So I guess that makes my decision and I won't be buying any raffle tickets.

Originally Posted By: Plant.Oneso question - and i'm just throwing this out there - would any of you be less offended had Remington chosen to put a different label on it?

lets say if it was the Rem 878DM or something like that. pick any other model number than 870, put it on the gun and then reevaulate it.

i personally feel they have done a disservice to the gun - and the legacy of the 870 as a whole - by launching it under the 870 moniker. but i also wonder how much of that feeling is my long and happy history with the 870 as what it truly was engineered as.

They should have done that 20odd years ago when they came out with the Express.

Last edited:
^^^
Just noticed that. That is laugh worthy.

If you think the 870 DM is bad, check out the Tac-14 detachable mag.

Last edited:
Back