Turtle Man on Call of the Wild TV show

doggin coyotes

Any of you guys ever watch this phony baloney show?

This one ranks right up there with the Dead Down Wind show. Might even be worse.
smile.gif

I'm new to this predator hunting thing, except by using leghold traps. Tonight I think Ernie's after a coyote. I'll watch and get some pointers.
rolleyes.gif

Shows like this idiot show just how far most people are detached form nature.
The last one I saw they were talking about how a north american red fox swallows it's prey whole.

Idiot!

That was one scruffy coyote. I like Ernie's sidekick color commentator, Neal. Watching Turtleman catch those woodchucks brought back old memories. My first dog Trixie , a collie mix dog and I used to run down woodchucks into their holes and dig them out. I was about in second grade and we had walked up the road when I noticed a woodchuck. I told Trixie to sit and snuck up and got between the woodchuck and it's hole. Then while Trixie kept the woodchuck busy I saw my opening and grabbed at the back of the woodchuck's neck. I wasn't as fast as Turtleman, and that woodchuck spun around and latched on my finger, and I picked him right off the ground. I ended up stopping at the farmer's house right next door and he cleaned the wound and put the common cure of merthiolaid and
rolleyes.gif
a bandaid on my finger. That ended my humane nuisance animal tactics. I've been shooting them ever since.

I like to do my turtle man imitation as far as noises but my wife has grown tired of it........which makes me do it some more.

Originally Posted By: kelI like to do my turtle man imitation as far as noises but my wife has grown tired of it........which makes me do it some more.

That is a classic comment, love it. Must be a GA thing!

The you tube video of him catching snappers has been around for years before the show. I think he is entertaining. Odd but entertaining and unlike watching my BIL I can hit the remote and Turtle Man is gone.

I watched a few times, last season.
Haven't watched more than a few minutes this time around.
However, I did catch the part about him catching that ugly coyote the other night, as I was channel-surfin'.

The most annoying part of the whole silly show is his idiotic "war cry". I can't fricken stand that.
It kinda ranks on the same level as the saying on Finding Bigfoot ..."I think there's a squatch in these woods!". Geesh.
rolleyes.gif

It's like outdoor "National Enquierer" for those who don't know any better. Watched it once and that was enough. But like anything over the top it will find an audiance. Do something great or dumb and someone will find a way to parade it around and people will watch.

Last edited:
Its still funny. The best is when he explained how he almost chopped his own face with a chainsaw and thats why he doesnt have all of his teeth.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesAny of you guys ever watch this phony baloney show?

This one ranks right up there with the Dead Down Wind show. Might even be worse.
smile.gif

I haven't ever seen "Dead Down Wind", but TurtleMan is a Moron.
At least that's my opinion of the one (and only) show the wife and I watched.

Shayne

Originally Posted By: iowadogdownIts still funny. The best is when he explained how he almost chopped his own face with a chainsaw and thats why he doesnt have all of his teeth.

Is that how he supposedly lost his chompers? I figured somebody fed him a knuckle sandwich when he did that stupid yell.

My daughter likes the show. The other day she told me we needed to call the turtle man to remove a chipmunk from our garage.
smile.gif

Back