Tumbler Media

Originally Posted By: DOGMAN243ok li like the stainless idea but..... How do you seperate the media from the dirty water when your finished?

I'm wondering that same thing. Looks like it might be the answer to my polishing needs though! I've got a bunch of 5 gallon buckets (fourteen of them!) full of brass that are so bad, I can't seem to get them to clean up!

I used to pick up a lot of 'range' brass and some of it was really dirty and corroded...

If the stainless steel media cleans as thoroughly as advertised on the previously posted web site, how do you spot those pieces where the corrosion has weakened the cases, leading to a potential blow out in the chamber??

Most of my 'really dirty' brass, I'll run overnight in a vibrator filled with rouge impregnated media and then inspect for excessive corrosion and discard any that are found...just for safety purposes...

I would imagine this is the down fall to this great process. Seperating those lil needles from that nasty water!suppose one could find a really fine mesh strainer and do it that way.

Originally Posted By: DOGMAN243ok li like the stainless idea but..... How do you seperate the media from the dirty water when your finished?

The media that I use looks like tiny footballs. When I am ready to dump out the filthy water (and Man! is it ever dirty!) I dump the whole batch in a colander and rinse it with the sprayer in the sink. I dump the water out of the brass and then I put spread in out in a shallow pan (200 or so of them) and put it in the oven at 200 degrees for several hours with the door cracked a bit to let the moisture out. Clean smooth and shiny brass. It's worth the effort. Even range pick up brass looks like new.

Back