Tubbs final finish

Originally Posted By: ninehorsesOn several websites there are numerous positive reviews. Most talk about easier cleaning and a slight increase in accuracy. Most are using the product on factory produced barrels, not custom barrels. David Tubb is not the kind of guy to sell snake oil.

A friend has used final finish in two different rifles and the product accomplished his intended purpose. The rifles had rough bores but were a real bear to clean, they both shot well.

After FF, they cleaned much easier and still shot well, not better, but just as well.

Velocity dropped off on his known loads which he corrected with slight powder increase.

Agree that David "would not sell snake oil"; he's a great guy. We've shot on same target; just wish I shot half as well as he does!
wink.gif

Regards,
hm

I have used the product on two Model 700 rifles. One in 300 WinMag that fouled quickly and the other a 260 that I continue to use in High Power Silhouette. The 260 would foul enough that I found myself having to clean every day and on a two day match this was a pain. In the case of the 300 Win Mag the process did move the throat but solved the fouling issue. Velocity dropped some but not enough to bother me or any of the critters I have shot around the world. The 260 is now good for a two day match and then some. Any movement in the throat was not noticeable.
Recently I had the folks at final finish coat some 17 caliber V-Max to use on a 17 Remington classic that had a rough spot in the barrel. The first shots were always accurate but the fouling buildup was horrendous. Since shooting those coated bullets and they were of a moderate abrasiveness, I can now shoot many more shots before starting to clean. In addition the cleaning is much quicker. My feeling at this point is that its a whole lot cheaper than having it rebarreled and it works for me.

Back