TSS Apex ammo- pattern and ballistic gel test

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
I think the tube I have been using for T shot and #4 Buck is a .670, is that about right for the Apex loads of #4 and BB?

[video:youtube][/video]

Shooting a lead number 4 buckshot load with 41 pellets per shell at coyotes at 50 yards and less would be a much better coyote load than 29 pellets of TSS T shot would be.

For 70 yards and under 1-1/2 oz of TSS #4 shot with 124 pellets per shell would kill coyotes more reliably than 2 oz of TSS BB shot with 62 pellets per shell.

Originally Posted By: 6.5x61SuperOriginally Posted By: 6mm06
I think the tube I have been using for T shot and #4 Buck is a .670, is that about right for the Apex loads of #4 and BB?

[video:youtube][/video]

Why 32 yards?

For you guys who might be loading TSS shot, or any other good coyote shot, what hulls and wads are you using?

for the tss shells i have loaded i used a 2-3/4" fiocchi hulls with tps wads. and with those wads i put a mylar wrap inside as a extra liner between barrel and shot.

I don't use any tungsten or non lead just to $$$$ to load.
I use lead "F" in a Federal 12 gauge 3 1/2 hull 37 gr "Steel" powder will throw a 1 5/8 about 52 pellets,load at around 1300 fps. With a very tight choke .669 , 70 yard clean kills on moving coyotes are the norm

rolleyes.gif

Back