Trump caves in and orders AR parts ban.

Quote: Chris Cox
✔
@ChrisCoxNRA

I had a great meeting tonight with @realDonaldTrump & @VP. We all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don’t want gun control. #NRA #MAGA
8:07 PM - Mar 1, 2018

10K people are talking about this

Quote: Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

Good (Great) meeting in the Oval Office tonight with the NRA!
9:04 PM - Mar 1, 2018

39.9K people are talking about this

Details here:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/chris-cox-nra-trump_us_5a98cf04e4b0479c0250f0b3

Originally Posted By: hm1996Of course, the liberals will do their level best to stretch the issue to include all their pet "common sense" bans, etc. Only time will tell.

Regards,
hm

It's basically a 2 party system as far as the Presidency is concerned. The alternative in the last election was Hilliary! I can't believe she was even a consideration for ANYONE!

The shooting happen in a jurisdiction of a very liberal politically motivated sheriff. 2015 Obama/Holder instituted a program to reduce the number of expulsions and felony arrests in schools (supposedly because statics show a racial basis)I believe This sheriff was instructing(ordering de-escalation). Thus improving graduation numbers. So ignore crimes(less safe) in schools(put older,less aggressive and poorly trained officers in them to reduce arrests(less safe) and reinforce the teaching of no individual sense of responsibility and no consequences for one's actions. I wonder how could this ever happen(oh wait the kids all knew).

I'm with Grouse on this one. This is a slippery slope. Who's making up the questions to deem you sane? What are the right and wrong answers? Saying having more than one gun is okay might get your 2nd amendment rights taken away. Very slippery slope. Let's also not forget that anyone, no matter what, is INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty. Not the other way around.

Here in Iowa you are forced to give up your guns if you are accused of domestic violence with out a court appearance. It's a crappy law,I don't know why it hasn't been challenged.

Originally Posted By: hawki Here in Iowa you are forced to give up your guns if you are accused of domestic violence with out a court appearance. It's a crappy law,I don't know why it hasn't been challenged.

Pennsylvania is the same way.

If any woman you've slept with goes to the police and files a PFA, they show up to your house, remove you from the premises, remove any and all guns and knives, and keep them at the sheriff's office until you're cleared. The woman needs no evidence, and even if she's lying, there's no consequence to her for doing so. It simply goes to court, they drop it, and now you pick up the pieces.

Originally Posted By: ackleymanGrouse, Trump thinks five moves ahead. I would not do a knee jerk reaction to what he said, but contacting our legislators is a good thing.

This exactly. He's done this all along and people still don't get it. He's a master negotiator that plays both sides of the fence right up until the last minute and he pulls the carpet out.

Back