Triple Duece

Originally Posted By: 30Carbiner“I wish that Sako quality was still in the range of quality shown in a typical L461, but sadly its not.” Winny, what do you mean? Variable quality in L461’s? I’m looking hard at one in 222.

Ok.........Take a deep breath, and I'll try again.

Today's Sako quality (a rifle built by Sako today) is not as good as the quality of an L416 Sako was when it was built.

It is hard to find rifles like this any more, the used ones are getting well worn or going out the roof on the price.

Last model 461 with floor plate instead of mag. 222 Rem Leupold compact 2-7.

KSCNXZ.jpg

or this

Model 70 222 Rem

2lXPZo.jpg

Both thrive on 52gr Speer 52gr Varmint bullets and Benchmark

This one worked well with the 52gr Seers also, surprisingly most kills were made with the shotgun barrel but the rifle shot sub- MOA groups.

cVWfxg.jpg

I put this 222 together to shoot little things.

UuOj8X.jpg

I'm rather partial to the 222, it is hard to fault a cartridge that does everything well.

I'd love to find a 788 that someone has chopped the stock for a kid and a bargain price to make a small rifle for on the bike.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AWSAnother mag will take care of that, at least it wasn't carved in the stock with notches for each coyote. I love the 222 Rem for coyote hunting. AWS I have a carbine and heavy barrel pregarcia sakos in .222 they are awesome! just do not know how to post a pic.

Back