Top Shot.

i applied to be on top shot. i was really certain that i would at least get to try out for the show. i talked on the phone on several occasions with the casting director and he was very excited about getting my audition video. he asked if i had any experience in long range pistol shooting, yes i do. he asked if i had any experience with full auto, i laughed and replied in the affirmative. every thing they asked me about, he liked my answer. the first vidwo i sent him didnt make it to him, it got lost between being signed for and his desk, he personally called me that day to ask me where my video was, he had the director of the show in his office and wanted to pitch me to the director. i made another video and sent it out the next day. i never heard from them again. the deadline for videos got extended at the last minute, and my video was delivered to them right around the deadline give or take a day.
i watched the first episode last night and was disgusted that i wasnt at least given a chance to show my skills. the guy that got booted off the show was a champion shooter..... over 20 years ago.
did anybody else here apply for the show? if so did you hear back?

Didn't apply b/c I couldn't hit the ground if I fell, let alone a target. I saw what the first challenge was then tuned out. I'm not a big fan of "reality" shows however will watch if it piques my curiosity. Top Shot however, IMO, was more about ego than skill.

Sorry that you didn't make it on but there is always next season. Good Luck!

Sorry man just keep trying for next year. Only thing about top shot is that it seemed to be alot of luck.

Like when throwing knives, everyone on the signed up with thoughts of shooting some sort of firearm. The guy that wins the knife throwing, I really dont see how he was 'top shot'

Just my .02

Top Shots... is that the show with all those champions that can't hit anything? I'm hoping the good old boy country hunters throw down on those trash talking champions.

Originally Posted By: GCTop Shots... is that the show with all those champions that can't hit anything? I'm hoping the good old boy country hunters throw down on those trash talking champions. I would love to see that

I'll support anything that promotes shooting and hunting in a good light. Plus it is nice to see some good ol' hunters and military men making the 'pros' look bad.

Heretic, I guess you don't watch hunting shows either since they are 'reality TV'?

I auditioned for a show on Animal Planet called "King of the jungle" several years ago. Spoke with the producers several times went through many auditions and screenings. Winner got their own show on AP. They finally told me that due to me being a type 1 diabetic and the remoteness of the location, I was simply to high of a liability. Sickened me when people on the show would talk reptiles and I knew that I could shame them in that area(reptiles), I would see grown men who were veterinarians and biologists handling a 2-3ft Green tree python and shaking profusely and just terrified like it was going to kill them, the women wouldn't even approach it. Show only lasted two seasons.

Chupa

Originally Posted By: HPWHeretic, I guess you don't watch hunting shows either since they are 'reality TV'?

Originally Posted By: HereticI'm not a big fan of "reality" shows however will watch if it piques my curiosity. Top Shot however, IMO, was more about ego than skill.

Sorry that you didn't make it on but there is always next season. Good Luck!

What part of my quote are you having trouble understanding?

Originally Posted By: Chupathingy I auditioned for a show on Animal Planet called "King of the jungle" several years ago. Spoke with the producers several times went through many auditions and screenings. Winner got their own show on AP. They finally told me that due to me being a type 1 diabetic and the remoteness of the location, I was simply to high of a liability. Sickened me when people on the show would talk reptiles and I knew that I could shame them in that area(reptiles), I would see grown men who were veterinarians and biologists handling a 2-3ft Green tree python and shaking profusely and just terrified like it was going to kill them, the women wouldn't even approach it. Show only lasted two seasons.

Chupa

We would get along great. Love reptiles.

Originally Posted By: getfoxyOriginally Posted By: Chupathingy I auditioned for a show on Animal Planet called "King of the jungle" several years ago. Spoke with the producers several times went through many auditions and screenings. Winner got their own show on AP. They finally told me that due to me being a type 1 diabetic and the remoteness of the location, I was simply to high of a liability. Sickened me when people on the show would talk reptiles and I knew that I could shame them in that area(reptiles), I would see grown men who were veterinarians and biologists handling a 2-3ft Green tree python and shaking profusely and just terrified like it was going to kill them, the women wouldn't even approach it. Show only lasted two seasons.

Chupa

We would get along great. Love reptiles.

Btw, I got that Mic out today Gary.

I consider myself an "expert" on very few things in life, but reptiles is definately one that I am. I have owned just about every snake that you can name(foriegn and domestic, venomous and non) and studied under a Herpatologist for many years. No, I don't have a degree in it. But I'll put my Knowledge of reptiles up against anyone not named Brady Barr or Jeff Corwin.

Chupa

I didn't make it on Top Shot either so I settled for the starring role in "Predator Hunting King".
wink.gif

Thanks again man. You have seen my little collection if creepy crawlies.

At one point I have had all of the lizards, geckos, etc except the large monitors. Never dealt with snakes
wink.gif

Ehhh that show.... I like that it's a gun show and it's promoting guns and not making them devil spawn but I don't like all of the drama it reminds me to much of "The Bachelor" style of shows

Videos sent in must not do alot of good,,most of these folks are awful,,poor shooting stances,,crazy flinching.

A whole lotta talkin good game,,then choking like they are eating lamb..

X

yeah I was shocked on last weeks show. My 13 year old shoots better maybe I will sign up next year I can hold my own and it would be awesome to see some redneck hunter cone out and whoop on the pro's! rp

It's a tv show. It's more about entertianing people than shooting. I dought if you will ever see any real pro. shooters on the show.

Back