Tonight's Debate

jrbhunter:
http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101041018/ntruth.html?promoid=rss_nation

Kerry responded to the charge that his tax plan would raise levies on "900,000 small businesses" by arguing that even the President would qualify as one, thanks to investment income. Kerry had a basis in fact, although an obscure one. Bush reported $84 in income in 2001 from an entity called Lone Star Trust, whose main business was oil and gas; it later listed a stake in a timber company.

Additionally...tonight, Oct. 13th:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/debate_fact_check

Kerry accurately quoted Bush as saying he does not think much about Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) and is not all that concerned about him. The president protested: "I just don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden. It's kind of one of those exaggerations."

But in March 2002, Bush indeed said, "I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run." He described the terrorist leader as "marginalized," and said, "I just don't spend that much time on him."

Guess neither of them is perfect! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Good research LadyJane, Factcheck.org is supposedly a good place to find those things as well. Remember, .ORG not .COM! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bush got killed in last nights debate, Kerry was able to smear his political platform and fudge it around into something believable and Bush failed to bring out the inconsistancies enough. I understand from Bush's podium it must be extremely hard to listen to a response and throw up your hands saying "Where do I start?" but he needed to know where to start.. he needed to be methodical like Cheney would've been!

Oh well, they're over and Kerry didn't gain that much ground... Bush was up 5% before last night so Kerry won't be up by much if any after this bounce. There are other cards to be played, movies to be shown and October surprises to mold this election. I think in the long run these debates will turn out to be a very minor part of this election the way they usually are.

Back