Today's Recent Update

Jay Nistetter

Raegan gets to ride in a wheelchair when she goes for physical therapy treatments. Standard procedure. This last time after treatment she was wheeled back to her room. Byron unstrapped her and was getting ready to put her back in the bed when she stiffened up. Byron was getting a better grip on her when her feet started moving. Byron held onto Raegan so she wouldn’t topple over and Raegan started walking around. She walked over to the door and turned because she saw it. She repeated this 2 more times so hospital staff could see. I talked a little to Raegan this morning and she had a little more difficulty in getting the words out and then Byron discovered that the voice valve on the trach had popped off somewhere.
I knew you’d like to know.

Hopefully the Trach tube will be removed by this weekend. The target date is Friday.
After that the plan is to take Raegan home on the 23rd.

05-21-07
The trachemotimy (sp) tube is now out and Raegan is expected home Teusday. She still has a long way to go but home will be a good place for her and all concerned.

Quote:
05-21-07
The trachemotimy (sp) tube is now out and Raegan is expected home Teusday. She still has a long way to go but home will be a good place for her and all concerned.

Prayers answered and we/I will continue to pray for the South Family.

Back