todays bay pics

I see nothing shady about it. If that was the case why would KC post the pics in the first place. Like everyone else said, if you do not like this way of hunting then why even read the post?

Why would we explain anything on questions that has already been asked. All you would have to do is look back on previous post and you will find just about all the answers you want to find about this sport.

I am not trying be be a azz, (although it may seem like I am) I just get tired of people bashing this way of hunting. It is very rare, if at all that houndsmen bash others way of hunting.

Tim

I have no problem with killing coyotes any way you can. I just thought that a big rock on a frozen lake that you are standing on isn't the best choice. A big rock on solid ground is an excellent choice. Thanks for posting the photos.

If you've got a problem with this type of hunting you are welcome to stay out of this forum.

If your purpose is to stir the pot, you are more than welcome to go back to that other site.

i know all about the eastern coyote site. i also now where the [beeep] that owns it lives. her name is elsie and live in concord ny. she raises coyotes as pets. i`ve had my dealings with her before and she`s does not bother me anymore. the members of my home site also hammered her site so bad, so had to close it to the public. now you need to register. i was also the person that informed the other site owners about her site and all the photos she had taken. this is why most of us have hidden sections on our sites that the lurkers can`t access.

Originally Posted By: killcoyotessmilin,

you stated that you`ve ran behind hounds for years. was it coonhounds or beagles ? i myself have ran hounds for over 30 years on everything from rabbits to bears. now i only have hounds for yotes, coons and bears. i like taking photos of my hounds doing what they are trained for, be it treeing a coon or bear or baying a coyote. if you look close at the pics or even better were at the bay, you will see NO hounds sinking teeth into the yote. they are just holding him at bay.now when your run your beagles or coonhounds what happens when they happen to catch one on the ground ? i`m sure they tear them apart the same as my coonhound does or my beagles did when i owned them.once again the only one that harmed that yote was me.

I HOPE THAT MAKES SENSE.

Thanks, that made sense. BUT...I never said I ran hounds.

I used to run coon hounds and rabbit beagles for a long time. As I got older I just grew away from it. I still go coon hunting with my friends a couple times a year, and also try to get in a few good rabbit hunts each season, I just don't have my own hounds anymore. Alot of people don't understand the sense of pride and acomplishment that a man has when he hear's his hounds out there doing a fine job of what so many hours of hard work went to the training. Words just can't explain what it's like to watch a hound do what it loves to do.

The only issue I have with these pics is the BIG ROCK on a frozen pond....
blink.gif

Kc how old were the pups? Lucky you found a rock not froze to the ground. I usually carry a nice oak stick my bro in law turned for me. What's the average weight on your male reds bones? They are lean good lookin dogs.

midwestkid, the 2 blueticks are around 8 months old, the redbone is around 14 months old, but just getting started. my redbones are around the 65 lb. range. i always get picked on because most people say they look like red pitbulls, because of their build and block heads. that`s ok with me as long as they keep running yote & treeing bear for me......lol.

I don't mind stirring the pot. Fox hunting in England was banned because they ran the fox to hole, sent a terrier in to flush him out, and gave that fox a chance to whip thirty hounds. Every hunt ended this way. American fox hunters (and coonhunters)know that a dead fox doesn't run another race. Sometimes one is cought on the ground or taken for their hide. I skinned many a varmit with dogs when I was younger. Great sport and I love to watch 2 pups try to handle a big boar coon. Even went swimming for a little bluetick gyp in 1973. Now we all know that coyotes and hogs need killing and controled, but when you post pictures on the web for the world to see 5-10 dogs stretch out a varmit, it's hard to defend our sport.I think our moderators on this site do a good job of editing this site and keeeping stuff the anti hunters can use against us.
We have to be smarter than the anti hunters.

I think its funny how you say "you dont mind stirring the pot" that right there will get you about 0 respect from most of dog guys.

As stated before, if you do not like the pics that are posted here and they pose that much of a problem for you, why look at them? Those pics do not show any dogs stretching the yote. All I see if a group of young hounds doing a good bay. If you see more than that, please feel free to call it out.

This thread has already been beat to death! Just leave it be. If you do not like the pics, dont look, its that simple.

Normally I just bite my tongue on threads that tend to go bad, but these types are the ones that bug me most. Everyone hunts different thats just a fact.

Tim

Originally Posted By: nmleonIf you've got a problem with this type of hunting you are welcome to stay out of this forum.

Are we talking rocks for ammo?

for once im agreein with KC here...those hounds arent trying to kill it or anything...i can see a small point if they was rippin it apart and blood was everywhere ect ect but THEY ARENT! Ik his redbones can run and IK that shoe can run 2 and a friendly bay doesnt hurt. I think its great trainin to bring pups into a bay like that. PETA is an extremeist group....they put the bad in anything and everything. I myself am a memeber of another PETA group (people eating tasty animals)
thumbup.gif
So i guess the moral of the story is....this is a hunting board...we all know the reality of things so there should be no complaining. If there is well you should be #%&* canned

Last edited:
The day we fear a response from anti groups or pets is the day houndsmen lost.
great pics.I want to see more and bring on the teeth also

lol...in washington ..greene...and fayette county there's probably 10% of the houndsman there were 20 years ago...

the lands all posted and most bowhunters are against houndsman ruining there bowhunt.....

Back