Tikka vs CZ

Quote:
Lets see here.

Rugers need new trigger right out of the box

Remingtons usually need a lot of adjustment of the triggers among other things.

The last Savage I bought looked like it had been machined by a 1st grader and the accu-trigger left a lot to be desired. Not to mention the action felt like it had sand in it.

CZ's usually require you to work the bolt a few times for the action to slick up.

My Tikka came in with it's floated barrel push on the stock a little and had to be sanded down with a dowel rod.

My Marlin came in and needed a new trigger right out of the box.

Yep, they all should be perfect out of the box but they never are in this price range.

Perfect 100% of the time is a bit much to ask. I have even seen problems discussed with custom built rifles here on this board and many many problems with custom accessories. As you have confirmed in your list many USA guns expecting the end user to tolerate or pick up the repairs.
Having a friend that sold over over 40,000 guns, it was easy to learn the trouble areas. I'm sorry but to say working the bolt a few times on all CZ's does not cure them. How often do you see someone needing to work on Tikka.
There are certainly other good rifles too.

Quote:
Perfect 100% of the time is a bit much to ask. I have even seen problems discussed with custom built rifles here on this board and many many problems with custom accessories. As you have confirmed in your list many USA guns expecting the end user to tolerate or pick up the repairs.
Having a friend that sold over over 40,000 guns, it was easy to learn the trouble areas. I'm sorry but to say working the bolt a few times on all CZ's does not cure them. How often do you see someone needing to work on Tikka.
There are certainly other good rifles too.

Tripod,

I was merely pointing out that not all rifles come out of the box perfect as you suggested.

Only two of my CZ's had rough actions and working the bolt DID smooth it up greatly. This may have not worked on your rifle but it did on mine and has for many others. Actually working the bolt of ANY rifle will slick it up more. That is just common sense.

I hate to burst your bubble but Tikka rifles are not perfect by any means and nor are the CZ's. They are both fine rifles that have their own individual problems. It just boils down to which one you like better. Tikka cuts corners to save money and this is shown by all of the plastic on the rifles and the fact that all of the actions are long actions with a bolt stop for the short action cartridges. There is just too much plastic on the Tikka's for my taste but other than that they are ok rifles.

I own several CZ's and 1 Tikka and prefer the CZ's. The Tikka definately has a smoother bolt out of the box but CZ's do loosen up with use. I also prefer a Mauser action controlled round feed to the push feed of Tikka's and other manufacturers, and the CZ set trigger is another plus.

Both are great guns but CZ is my #1

No bubble to burst here, I just like to go by the problems and the frequency. The plastic issue has bothered quite a few guys in deciding. I like metal too. Plastic didn't bother Remington buyers in the 60's and 70's for a couple very popular riles. Now sought after. After having Tikka magazines I really got to like them for durability and quietness. They don't scrath or drag the brass either. I have heard of one person breaking a bolt shroud and none breaking a trigger guard.
I have heard the long action issue many times but can find no evidence of it affecting performance. The clips do look a bit odd with the blockout for short shells.
The Weatherby Vanguard is in the running in the same price range. The trigger is not quite as crisp and no removable magazine. Also no rings.
Sako seems to improve on all the issues for more money of course.

take that plastic tikka clip and stand on it with your hunting boots on. I dropped mine and stepped on it. I am pushing 250 lbs. Guess what stronger than the metal one i stepped on and bent all to heck and wont feed right now. I have no problem with the plastic. At first i did have a problem with only having a long action. But when there action is perfect why not use it. It doesnt take any longer or more effort to use. I have had 5 different tikkas. All were t3s. 4 lite versions and 1 hunter. None of the stocks have had to been touched. The triggers were all adjusted to my liking in less thank 5 minutes. They were perfect right out of the box. I have a ruger 22-250 that i just picked up and have to have the stock floated, trigger work done and guess what? It still wont shoot as well as my tikkas right out of the box. The tikkas synthetic stock is fantstic. I have around 3000 rounds combined thru 3 of them and not one problem period.

I get a kick out of the guys that always want to bash the Tikka plastic clips. First, people should realize that in today's modern world, plastic can be produced to meet unbelievable strength requirements. And in some cases, plastic can be stronger than steel. Secondly, Beretta uses the same "plastic" for the trigger guards on their new Benelli M2 and SBE shotguns and I haven't heard of too many problems with either of them.

I do however have a problem with the wood on both of my T3's. The walnut they use has got to be the softest wood I have seen. I've had my T3's for 4 years now, and they both are already starting to look like crap. One little bump and the finish comes off.

I love my cz 527 american in 223...does everything that I ever need it to do and them some, that being said, I just put a tikka t3 varmint stainless on layaway...they both have all the best features, great trigger, light wieght, detachable mag, and accurate...

either one gets her done!

Quote:
I get a kick out of the guys that always want to bash the Tikka plastic clips. First, people should realize that in today's modern world, plastic can be produced to meet unbelievable strength requirements. And in some cases, plastic can be stronger than steel.

o.k. so how is this plastic..i'm trying to ask a honest question..no matter how hard i try..i can't bring myself to accept plastic maybe i'm old school..in my pointed mind..plastic break's..metal bend's..if someone can convince me..otherwise..i'm all ears..

Run over your C.Z. clip with a truck and then do it with the Tikkas and see which one will still go into the gun and function.I also own a C.Z. and a Tikka and for my money the Tikka is hands down a better gun.My Tikka shot awesome right out of the box,My C.Z. bolt still feels like it has sand in it and I have had it for 5 years now.I would say I gave it plenty of time to smooth itself up.The Tikkas bolt feels like it is sliding on ice when you operate it.

Tikka 22-250 is 1-14 twist with almost a 24" barrel. I just shoot mine for the first time last weekend and I am very impressed with it!!! I had a bad experience with a Savage so that is why I bought my Tikka and it shoots so great I am going to stick with them for now.

Last edited:
CZ is as follows:

17 Mach 2 - 1:9
.17 HMR - 1:9
.22LR - 1:16
.22 WMR - 1:16
.17 Rem - 1:9
.204 Ruger - 1:12
.22 Hornet - 1:16
.221 Fireball - 1:12
.222 Rem - 1:14
.223 Rem - 1:12 Unless it has the HS Precision stock it is then 1:9
.22-250 - 1:14
.243 - 1:10
6.5x55 - 1:8.6
.270 Win - 1:10
.270 wsm - 1:10

A Tikka T3 .223 new version is 1-8 twist and has an 8 stamped on the barrel. the older model is 1-12. The .22-250 is 1-14.

I have the Tikka Varmint in 1:8 twist. I have shot 45gr bullets through it no problem. I have settled on 55gr as my standard. I have some 40gr bullets which I have only shot through my AR with 1:9 twist, they held up just fine. I haven't tried them in the Tikka yet, I have a 204 for that kind of weight.

Had to get in on this one...
I own a CZ...model 527....223cal...4-12x40mm PineRidge (Cabela's scope)...love it!!
I own a Tikka..model T3....223cal...3-9x40 Nikon Prostaff...love it!!
My CZ has beautiful Turkish Walnut and is my fair weather hunting rifle...
My Tikka is black synthetic and is my foul weather hunting rifle...rain, snow, sleet, fog or hail...she hunts...
No weather stops me from hunting...
P.S. Just bought a BSA Sweet 223 to put on my Tikka .223...will put my Prostaff on a future Tikka 7mm-08.

My tikka .223 shoots just about everything well from the 45 grain white box winchesters to 60 grain vmax hand loads. It also loves 69 grain soft points. The tikka is amazingly accurate right out of the box. I only hope that my ruger 22-250 will someday be close to as accurate as my tikka. Right now it is now where close. Maybe after getting the stock work and trigger work it might be. Doubt it. LOL
it shoots ok just not even close to the tikka.

Go CZ and you won't go wrong. I have the 527 in 223 Rem and it shoots under an inch consistantly. Have a Nikon 5.5 x 16.5 on her. Shoot my reloads 50 gr. Nosler Bal. tips.
The most outstanding thing about the CZ's is the set trigger. I just love a hair trigger and it is one. You better have the cross hairs on your target before you get your finger near the trigger. And don't even think about shooting it with gloves on. I have my trigger finger on my camo gloves cut with a slit in them so my finger is bare skin on the trigger. I don't know where the guys got their CZ's that have a rough action. Mine was smooth right out of the box.

Back