Tikka T3 lite barrel Floating Action bedding other Improvements??

The White box 45shoot dirtier, so a cleaning would be in order. Then a fouling shot and resume sighting. In cooler weather I wait a couple minutes between shots with the bolt open.
The trigger adj to the 2 lb minimum is my choice

Keep in mind that the Tikka you have is only guaranteed a 3-shot sub moa group with PREMIUM ammunition, i'd get a few boxes of prem ammo in different grain weights and then fire three shots until i find a bullet that groups well and consistently and then go for 5 shots.

Well, I got out to the range to test some ammo and I was quite impressed. The two best performers were
Hornady superformance 50g with a .585 3 shot group at 100yds from a benchrest and rear bag.
Even better was
Nosler Trophy 55g with a .509 group with same shooting setup and distance.

I let the gun cool 10 minutes after each 3 shot group and to one sizing shot then 3 at the target. I am beyond satisfied with these results. I am sure that handloads would make a improvement but with this accuracy from off the shelf ammo I think I will spend time and money getting used to shooting the gun and learning what is will do at further distances...

So for coyotes the obvious choice would be the Nosler right? Accuracy was pretty much the same between the two and the Nosler is 55g vs the 50g Hornady. So for knock down power it seems like Nosler is what I should hunt with, unless Im missing something that would make hornady a better choice???

Thanks Again guys!!

Great to hear you had some good results... I don't think you can go wrong with either bullet choice, both of them will flatten coyotes... have fun!

Back