Tikka t3 260

getfoxy

I've been browsing around looking at lightweight rifles lately and started looking for a tikka t3 in 260. Seems as none can be found.

I imagine these are available here in the states?? Anybody know for sure?

This is what I was afraid of
frown.gif

Thanks guys

Tikka has a lot of stuff on their website catalog that seems to be impossible to get in the USA. I would personally like to get a SS Varmint in .223. Apparently you cannot order one in the US.

Id suggest a Remington LSS Mtn.Rifle. They quit making them but used you could probably find one. I have one but my issue with it is the stock. Remington chose to put a laminated heavy stock on an otherwise very light rifle. Mine is bedded and triggered but it do shoot.

I just wanted a short, light handy rifle that would be easy to carry while out looking for deer next year. I love 700s but am starting to prefer lighter rifles for my hunting endeavors.

If I decide to go this route I may just go 7-08.

If you want a really light and compact carry rifle and you're not opposed to a single shot, consider a T/C Encore in .260 Rem or 7mm-08. You'd have to get a used or custom barrel for the .260 since T/C doesn't make them at factory anymore but the 7mm-08 can be purchased in a factory barrel. I have both for my Encore but the .260 is my go to deer rifle. Very compact, light, and accurate. Savage is making some models in .260 as of this past year as well. My son shoots an older Savage .260 Rem., I think Model 10.

Have you considered the Kimber Montana? I just bought one in .257 Roberts, and the 7-08 is also offered.....

5lbs 4oz

Very light and handy....

Just a thought

Originally Posted By: getfoxyIf I decide to go this route I may just go 7-08.

That's not really a compromise, Gary. As you already know. I'm am increasingly more impressed with this little round. Great bullet selection and your just about set to load for it and the Edge, so I think it's a good idea, bud.

Originally Posted By: basdjsI'm thinking the bear wouldn't recommend the 7mm-08.
thumbdown.gif

The last three got the same 7mm pill. This one got a 150gr Bal-tip at 375 meter, almost drop right there, didnt succeed to cross the trail
wink.gif

Shot placement, as always. Somepeople shoot deer at 50 yard with 50 BMG Some others use 7mmRemMag for Grizzly at 850 meter.
I can use my 300 WSM Sako 75, but my 7mm-08 his just a breeze on my shoulder, and kill nicely without destroying the venaison.

Tikka T3 at euro optices these are 260 rem po.no. is for 20in barrel jrtn421 and for the 24in barrel jrtn521 and they had it in stock really nice looking rifles too

Back