Tick's gone wild !!!

Crapshoot that photo is messed up!

I hate ticks. But at least they crawl around on you awhile and give you a chance to pick them off...unlike black flies.

DEET works well, but anything that works that well should get your attention....as in "could this possibly be good for me if it repels these other animals?"

Short hair is the best option. Pull the dang things off within an hour and you will be much better off.

Try putting some Baby powder in your shoes. When ever I go chasing cows or in the mountains, I pour baby powder in my boots. Its not always 100% but If I forget or ride with someone who don't have it, they always get ticks. We don't have them like you guys are talking but I would like to know if it works for some of you that have alot of ticks.

I turned 21 in Wilson N. Jones Hospital with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. (Merle Haggard variant,lol) I got it from a tick that was behind my ear. I was running 106* fever! Not fun. I use this Jungle Formula spray that we get at work now. It's good stuff and if you've been spraying your boots, you can miss a day and still be alright.

Quote:
Spray your clothes with permonon, the kind that you spray on your hunting clothes only and not on skin. This stuff works really good . You can buy it at Walmart.

Permenon is the best! Take it from the Tick/chigger capital of the U.S. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif It won't keep the mosquitoes off so some deep woods off on your arms & everything else. I use to just use the deep woods off and I'd only get a few ticks each trip...since I started using the permenon I haven't had one.

That picture of the jackrabbit's ears with ticks on it, is the stuff (bad)dreams are made of. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I like to use Bens.I have a little spay bottle that is very high in DEET.The wipes don't have as much DEET but work very well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif I just ordered somemore Bens wipes from Cabela,s yeaterday.I'm a chigger magnet too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

This is the stuff. Sawyers, its supposed to be the best stuff. Notice under the word Clothing, it says Odorless Permethrin...That is the stuff. I got it at Cabelas and it is $6.98 a can. 9oz. can. The directions are almost scary...Absolutely don't get it on skin. Spray clothes and let them hang on line and dry for at least 2 hours before being worn. 4 hrs. in humid conditions. Also do not spray clothes while you are wearing them.

IMG_0347.jpg

I just spray the bottom of my pants up to the knee with 34% deet and don't have any problems.

I have found ticks crawling on me in winter gun season for deer.

Back