Thoughts and how would you do it?

TS 1Shot

I just started the paperwork on a suppressor, it will go on my T/C Encore 243 used at night for predators, I will be cutting the barrel shorter so it's not long with the can on it, barrel now is 24" the can is 6" I am thinking 20" cut, 22" would be the max. My shots are less than 200yd, I do all my own reloading, it my be used some for daytime calling, shots maybe 300yd. Give me all the feedback on how you would set this up.

Is your barrel thick enough? I know with my budget rifle (Ruger Predator) its barrel was stout enough the POI didn’t change when adding a suppressor.
I was thinking of cutting another rifle, but got a lesson in barrel harmonics from a gunsmith that informed me I’d be better off buying another rifle than cutting the thinner barrel and be ticked off she wouldn’t group. So I got the Predator.

Yes the barrel is a medium heavy I think that's the way it's worded, I know it's not a sporter barrel. The gunsmith I talked with at the shop said he would cut it to 22" he has done several at that length, I have talked to different guys that have 20" and even some with 18" and have no problems at all with grouping, most say I will lose velocity but for my ranges that I shoot they will be just as dead at less speed.

Back