Thinning the herd???

Originally Posted By: B23I'd like to offer up my services to any of you that feel you need to thin your herds. Anything you give me will be loved and appreciated the same as if they were mine. I never show favorites and you have my word they will never be abused. Send me a PM and I'll get you the address of the FFL I use.
thumbup.gif

Too late....I already thinned mine and you weren't on the list.

Thanks for the kind offer though.

I have two friends and my brother in my will to split up what I have left. I have traded a few over the years, and in the past year sold two and bought a new coyote/turkey semi auto 3" and a pontoon boat for fishing. Some of mine just go to the range, and some I use good weather only, some are rainy day guns. Some I just take out to remember Dad, or Grandpa. I may earmark a couple to the NRA that would bring a few bucks.

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: B23I'd like to offer up my services to any of you that feel you need to thin your herds. Anything you give me will be loved and appreciated the same as if they were mine. I never show favorites and you have my word they will never be abused. Send me a PM and I'll get you the address of the FFL I use.
thumbup.gif

Too late....I already thinned mine and you weren't on the list.

Thanks for the kind offer though.

Figures! Kinda the story of my life, always a day late and a dollar short.
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: pyscodogSeems I ask myself this question a lot lately. I have quite a few rifles that don't see the light of day very often, some not at all. Thoughts of selling off some of them cross's my mind more often now that I'm getting up in my years. With the exception of deer hunting and coyote hunting, most of my shooting is at the club off a bench shooting paper. I really don't have family to leave them to and if I did, they will only get sold at probably pawn shop value. What to do, what to do?? Thoughts of selling them off and building a nice hunting rifle and one for the bench almost sound like a good idea. Anyone else get these thoughts?

I know exactly what you mean. Six years ago (around my 50th b-day) I was looking into the safe at all of the stuff that I literally had ABSOLUTELY NO USE FOR. I had also been thinking hard about an African hunt that I've dreamed about since childhood. Right then and there I made the decision to sell off all of the stuff that I had no interest in and book a safari. A year later I had sold about 30 guns and gone to Zimbabwe where I experienced the most amazing adventure of my life. I hunted elephant and cape buffalo, I saw things I had only dreamed about. The photos of the trip are on the wall behind me as I type this and I truly relive (and treasure) that experience more than anything I have EVER done in my life. P.S. I honestly could not make a list today of the stuff I sold. NO REGRETS!

Back