Thick!!

Damon Dog

I shot this pig the other night with my 223 and some 55gr spire points. Very surprised I even killed him but that little bullet did exit. The shot was ranged at 224yds. I made an L shaped cut to see how thick his side was. I was wanting to shoot some broad heads into him to test with my bow. Out of six shots with with my bow at 10yds only one penetrated deep enough to kill him. The mud was thick and extremely dried onto him like concrete.

Attachments

• IMG_1610.jpeg
    IMG_1610.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2395.jpeg
    IMG_2395.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 45
Congrats on the kill, but I would suggest different broad heads. Even shots through the shoulder penetrate plenty enough for the kill, I don’t recommend that because that arrow is definitely toast. I shoot cut on contact type heads.

Congrats on the kill, but I would suggest different broad heads. Even shots through the shoulder penetrate plenty enough for the kill, I don’t recommend that because that arrow is definitely toast. I shoot cut on contact type heads.

At the end of each season I go to walmart and buy the cheap arrows they have marked down. I use these for hogs because 99% of the time no matter where you shoot a hog, it's going to snap your arrow.

I shoot recurves and long bows. All of my broad heads are cut on contact. I thought with the mud on his sides it would be a good test. I think the only thing I’d have gotten to penetrate that mud would have been a field point.

Back