They can't figure out where you are

Originally Posted By: OKRattlerI guess if I shoot without one long enough everything will get quieter then I won't have to worry about it.

Unless you get tinnitus, which you probably will.
Then you’ll get to worry about it all the time.

grin.gif

I will say this, i bought one suppressor....the only reason i havent bought another, that wait time.... If i could go down to the gun store and buy one like you can a firearm, i would have 10 more.

The stamp fee was a big hurdle for me too, I HATE giving up any money to the goobermint, though I realize many necessary services are provided, most I suspect is lost through corrupt channels.

Then I started looking at it differently. The stamp was originally meant to be a de-facto ban. $200 was a crazy amount of money in 1934. The only issue, they failed to take inflation into account. So now, I feel like I'm able to do something they don't want me to do, so I'm winning lol.

The wait time is another thing altogether. I mean it's ridiculous in this day and age. It's not like they send out investigators to personally check out each individual. They should be able to check out any given person's records almost instantly. It should take a day or maybe a week at most.

I can buy a weapon that can hurt someone and it takes only 15 minutes. A suppressor can't hurt anyone unless it is used for a club and it takes a year to get it. MAKES SENSE TO ME !!!! Imagine the noise if cars etc. didn't have a muffler? Rudy

Originally Posted By: rudymontanaI can buy a weapon that can hurt someone and it takes only 15 minutes. A suppressor can't hurt anyone unless it is used for a club and it takes a year to get it. MAKES SENSE TO ME !!!! Imagine the noise if cars etc. didn't have a muffler? Rudy

While I agree with your sentiment in general, I am fine with waiting. Inconvenient, yes. Annoying, yes. Sadly, I can picture a Wal-martian running out to the Circle-K to buy him a "silencer" and shooting it in his backyard and blowing holes in his neighbors house because he really and truly thinks that it is silent so he can get away with it.

While it is not fair to punish the innocent, sometimes it is for the better.

I bought a can because of this site. People here made me do it.
I had lost control of my mind after being on this site for just a few short months.
It happened again with a form 1 for a SBR. I am at 7 1/2 months and lonely trips to the mailbox.
I think I need help but where do I turn? After I get my tax stamp will it start over again?

"Now don't get upset, I tried to write a funny"

I do wish they would pass that law doing away these tax stamps.
My grandfather was to blame for this law anyway. He was a Devil Dog in WW1.
The government refused pay him is $750 bonus for fighting in WW1.
They camped out on the mall armed to the teeth and scared the crap out of Washington.
MacArthur ran tanks over them, They went home and congress past this stupid law.
It is kind of funny I received $750 from the State of Ohio for my service in Vietnam.
I have spent $400 of that in tax stamps. Got $350 left. Maybe a pistol can??

Back