Thermion at SHOT Show

Originally Posted By: NGI_TOMOriginally Posted By: varminter .223Did anyone at Pulsar mention anything about the point of impact shift? Hopefully that is resolved because if it isn't it doesn't matter if the thing cooks me supper it's a problem.

POI shift has been fixed for a year plus. No longer an issue.
I beg to differ....what do you consider an acceptable poi shift?

Originally Posted By: capitolWondering if the recorded video looks better. Something similar to what it looks like when looking through the eyepiece. No one will know until these hit the market. One improvement says it records in mp4 format. This is the format typically available for smartphones vs the old windows .avi format, they use on the Trail. That is one improvement already.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Originally Posted By: NGI_TOMOriginally Posted By: varminter .223Did anyone at Pulsar mention anything about the point of impact shift? Hopefully that is resolved because if it isn't it doesn't matter if the thing cooks me supper it's a problem.

POI shift has been fixed for a year plus. No longer an issue.
I beg to differ....what do you consider an acceptable poi shift?

Apparently 7" is acceptable to Pulsar. That's how far my "fixed" model moved last check anyways.

Although I don't have a Trail, I've long suspected that it's the heat sink causing the shift. Of course this is just my opinion, but it stands to reason if the heat sink was added to give additional cooling to the internals then extreme cold could be effecting the internals and overcooling the unit. As far as I know, none of the Apex models without the heat sink had this problem. Now Pulsar has discontinued the Apex line, ouch! Thermion doesn't appear to have an external heat sink.

It would not surprise me at all if most of the issues are from folks in the extreme cold just like you. Those in southerly climates might not even have enough shift to notice now. Hope you can get it resolved.

Thought these issues have been fixed. Haven't seen much on here after Pulsar got this issue fixed. Have an XP50 and had this issue but Was fixed and have not noticed anything lately. Haven't checked it lately as have been hitting everything I put in the crosshairs. Have been out only 3x in last month and a half though as weather here has been horrible. From 33 below to too much snow and high wind to now ice covering everything. The one night I got out I didn't know if I'd be able to see the coyote as the snow was so deep. I knew if there were 2 I'd get them both as there was no way the 2nd was getting away fast. Had killed 32 in November and December including 2 triples.

Back