The story of the "Ghost Dog" : Wolf Hunt

Great story and pictures, keep them coming. What was the weight of these wolves? The pic of you and the finished hide tells another story. What were there lengths from the tip nose to the end of their tails? What did you do with these hides?

Look at the size of the nasal cavity on that skull! Can you imagine the number of receptors a turbinate bone of that size would hold. Pretty much sums up the "cant beat their nose" adage.

Originally Posted By: SDHowlerGreat story and pictures, keep them coming. What was the weight of these wolves? The pic of you and the finished hide tells another story. What were there lengths from the tip nose to the end of their tails? What did you do with these hides?

I wasnt able to get an exact weight on them but being modest the gray was likely 150ish and the black was a little smaller.Fur is out getting tanned as we speak,probably another few months out before I see anything.
I'm 6'1,he was around 7 1/2 ft. Tip to tail.
The guy who has the beetles said that was the biggest wolf skull he has seen through his shop.Thanks all again for the compliments and votes,again hopefully it has got you all determined to pursue these guys.They are the ultimate predator challenge.
On a side note:
Ive had to laugh(No pun intended) for the newer coyote callers on here frustrated because they have been out a handful of times and haven't seen anything..The amount of coyotes I had passed up on my "wolf" calling sets was enough to pull your hair out!
5 months of continually seeing nothing was a test of my predator hunting passion,so hang in there guys,its worth it!
OW

Last edited:
Back