The Stay Puff Bobcat

Originally Posted By: Jeff MockI do believe that Kolby deserves a "HUNTER OF THE MONTH" nomination for that one!

+1!
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: Jeff MockI do believe that Kolby deserves a "HUNTER OF THE MONTH" nomination for that one!

What are Kolby's thought's on using Twinkie's or Candy Korn?
thumbup1.gif

+1. This.

Originally Posted By: Duffman121
Jeff Mock said:
I do believe that Kolby deserves a "HUNTER OF THE MONTH" nomination for that one!

+3 I agree, but not only nominated, win. That is an Incredible accomplishment. WAY TO GO KOLBY!!!!!

t/c223encore.

Well I guess I need to plan a little extra time to the local pigly wigly for my next trip out. I see how it is, holdin out on all the good stuff! Way to go Colby! Dont let your dad be stealing none of your marshmallows!!

We will be coming out with a Trapping video shortly featuring Kolby and all of his secret baiting techniques. Marshmallows is just the tip of the iceberg!

Hey guys,

Wow! Thanks for all the kind words, I am at work today, but I will read them to him in the morning and try to get him to answer your questions. He is stoked about the whole deal, and cant wait to catch another one. I am proud of that little dude.

I will say that most of the baits that yall have mentioned have been used, but I will let Kolby elaborate on the specific uses. LOL

Todd

Hey guys,

I just read Kolby all of your replies and he is very happy. He says Thanks you, and is really excited about being nominated for hunter of the month. I am sure we will be making phone calls to tell all the family later.

Here are his answers for your questions, I helped him a little(he is 3).

Jay- Kolby said that was his bandaid box, and that I take his sometimes. Unfortunately this is true, they use way more bandaids than me so If I need one I sport Spiderman, Batman, and sometimes Hello Kitty. Kolby kinda threw me under the bus on that one.

Jeff Mock- Kolby likes twinkies over candy corn, but candy corn will work better if it is going to rain. Of course Marshmallows is his favorite bait.

Kracker- We have actually used yellow, pink and blue Peeps. usually with a little vanilla on them. Kolby says the blue taste best.

Guess- Kolby said thanks for letting us use your trap, you will get it back one of these years!

Old Turtle- Kolby belly laughed at your post! He looked at me and said "We are gonna need more Marshmallows"!

Thanks guys for all the comments, Kolby is on cloud 9 right now. I may have to buy stock in Stay Puff!

I told Kolby that you guys really liked pictures, so we picked a few out he really likes.
Kolbyschickensnake.jpg

Here he is with a feshly shot chicken snake we found in the coop. He was not afraid at all, we had to have a talk about poisonous snakes after I saw how comfortable he was with it. Notice the snake is still moving. He drug that thing all over the place that evening.
Kolbyfishing.jpg

Kolby fishing on vacation, he loves him some fishing.
Kolbyperch.jpg

Kolby said dad caught a bigger fish with a spinner bait, but he caught more on little pieces of hotdogs.
Kolbystitches.jpg

And last, but not least Kolbys first stitches. He wore them around like a badge of honor. I told him chicks dig scars. They are the first of many I am sure.

Take care,

Todd

Bruce,

Man he really is a good kid, ask to shake his hand when you see him! He will look you in the eye and squeeze the poop out of your hand for all he is worth. He dont forget nothin and I try to teach him as best I know (which aint much).

From a guy who has had 2 girls prior to Kolby, he is completely different. I was happy with my 2 tomgirls, but Kolby has raised the bar for sure! Paige(11) is a HUGE hunting nut, and I enjoy my time in the field with her so much, but Kolby is going to be an animal thats hard to tame I am sure. He is convinced that the bear hides I brought home from Canada came from the woods below the house and he wants one bad! I keep telling him one day we will hunt bears, but he needs to get a little older, he just looks at me with that "how old do you think I need to be?" look that I remember all to well from my childhood.

Yep, Kolby is going to be a handfull for sure!

take care,

Todd

Try puting a burrito in there and see if you catch a WET BACK ; or better yet , put a doller in there and see if you catch a politition .

Definitely hunter of the month! Thanks for posting Kolby's adventures! I had my wife read this thread and it brought a big smile to both our faces.

Eric

Back