The Ruger77/22 Hornet & what I had to do to make it a shootet

Originally Posted By: Ruger77KHSo who is this Bill you are referring to Bill Clinton??? Possibly the only other person with the same views as you.Aint that right Barrack .Ain't that right Hillary .Ain'that right Osama ...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dang. This is getting deep.
crazy.gif

Bull Sh*t cause the same fire formed cases in my regular hornets & only neck sized shot flyers . The same rifle, same powder, same powder charge, same bullets , same manufacturer of the neck sizing dies & only 2 differences Are the neck sizing dies for K Hornet & the fact it was changed to a K hornet stopped flyers. so you tell me as you quoted Einstein

Unlike an AI chamber, a K-Hornet chamber can safely and efficiently be created from a standard Hornet chamber just by running a good reamer into the existing Hornet chamber with no barrel set-back needed. That is what Ruger stated he did earlier in his original post, iirc.

Probably the accuracy improvement seen was the result of a good reamer that likely cleaned up (squared) the throat area of the rifle and possibly reduced bullet jump. Many of the Ruger 77 Hornet rifles have poorly cut throats/leads.

Hang in there, B23....
smile.gif

Wow, you've really gone off the rails here so instead of taking the risk of making you look really foolish I'll just bow out of this conversation and let you retain some level of dignity. Best of luck to you and be safe.

Thank which ever God you worship.maybe you should not put your input into areas it not respected. You can not argue with the fact it improved the performance of 2 different rifles by 2 totally different manufactures.1 a Ruger & 1 a Browning . Results speak louder than words . Are you a gun smith that charges people hundreds of dollars to do all the things I did then set the barrel back a thread & come up with the results I have accomplished for only the cost of a reamer?

A huge issue with the Hornet is dragging that little thin case across the stupid expander ball. I have spent a fair bit of time with the Hornet getting mine to shoot. Once done and figured out what it liked, all is well.

Hornets and 30-30’s can be frustrating till you figure them out.

Proper and true AI has to set the barrel back. Other wise all you really did was change the chamber and make the throat longer because your case will actually get shorter after firing.

You stated the case is shorter & the throat is longer . I am using the same oal that fits my mag with the 40 gr NBT bullet .which should be nowhere near the lands so bullet jump should be further .use some common sense you are saying stuff that contradict each other .

Last edited:
Never messed with a 77H but have read that they are problematic in the 22H. My only experience with a 22H bolt action was a Savage 23, it shot very well with factory 46gr HPs. MY favorite 22H was a Sav 219 it was tough to get it to shoot but it was the 9# trigger pull. After a trigger job it was great, surprisingly the most accurate bullet was the Win 46gr HP, I used a 218 Bee FL die to neck size the cases. I gave the rifle to my niece for a varmint/predator rifle on her place in the woods.

So this is my last post on this subject . The Ruger77 I own would shot 3 to 4 shots into A nice lil group & then 2 or 3 shots would be 3/4 to 1" outside of the group no particular high or low or left or right . Just where ever. So I did everything I could to get rid of this problem. Neck sized only ,SP primers, reduced Trigger pull, bedding, Shimmed bolt, re-pinned the bolt, still had flyers. Each thing I did helped reduce the distance in the flyers. But still not to my satisfaction. Only options at that point was get rid of the rifle or try what other people had done & make it a K Hornet. Since I like the rifles looks , feel & no mag hanging out the bottom . I went for broke, bought a tap & went for it . Reaming the chamber achieved the results I wanted so well I decided to try this on my other hornet a Browning 1885 Low Wall . So I don't care what Winny fan opinions are the bottom line is neither rifle shot that great before & now they can get the job done to my personal satisfaction. Winny fan you are probably a great predator hunter & save a lot on cover scent with all the B.S in the air around you because somehow you went from 22H to 22KH to 22HAI

As you noticed, Whiney likes to be bit of a dick. Maybe more than just a bit. Way more at times. I got tired of it years ago an blocked his post and I never regretted doing it. I never even peak at them. It may be something you wish to do as well. Sure has worked for me.

Originally Posted By: RustydustAs you noticed, Whiney likes to be bit of a dick. Maybe more than just a bit. Way more at times. I got tired of it years ago an blocked his post and I never regretted doing it. I never even peak at them. It may be something you wish to do as well. Sure has worked for me.
laugh.gif

Rusty must have slept in this morning. He's late to the game today with his proverbial "dick" comments.

Maybe he had to chill his tomato juice.... Or possibly he's checking air line schedules wondering if there are any flights that he might want to single out for possible crashes today with a bunch of people aboard in case I'm one of them.
laugh.gif

WOW folks sure get testy.
Lol, magazine length has zero to do with the throat length.
No where did I say a long throat wouldn’t shoot.
My gpa said you can only argue with a fool so long, then it’s two fools arguing.
Read and do the math.
I’m done with this as well

Originally Posted By: Ruger77KHWait for it...Whinny is about to open his blow hole again...can ya smell the BS . gotta save a small fortune on cover scent

thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

Back