THE NINTH LIFE

Thanks for all the kind words all...

Originally Posted By: MasterBlaster Got to love it! What did you shoot it with?
MasterBlaster

I shot it with a 223 40gr. VMax

Originally Posted By: hm1996 Quote: It's a big cat with very nice markings. If I can get it I am thinking it may end up as a full body mount, have to see it in person first.

That is a big cat, Jeremy. Does look like a good candidate for a mount.

Regards,
Clarence

Clarence,

The last cat I tried to mount was this one I shot a couple years ago. I froze it in a trash bag and at the end of the season got it tagged and took it to the taxidermist. It was out of the freezer for about 3 hours and started to unthaw in the bag. If you don't take a cat out of the bag where it gets fresh air as it starts to thaw, the gases really mess up the hide and you can just pinch the fur and it will just come off. I've mounted cats before and never had a problem but with this one the hair just came rite off the hide.

This was not a real big cat but had some of the best markings of any I have ever killed. It sucked to see it go to waste and just throw it away...

Lesson learned... bitter lesson..

Quote: The last cat I tried to mount was this one I shot a couple years ago. I froze it in a trash bag and at the end of the season got it tagged and took it to the taxidermist.

Probably a fairly common mistake, Jeremy, I did the same thing with the first bobcat I shot.

Regards,
Clarence

You gave that windmill some extra character. Seems like everywhere you look now there is a wind farm, transmission line, oil well or something cluttering up the horizon. Progress!
That is a pretty cat!

There's something about a windmill.....and a sunrise!

Back when it rained in S. Tx.
frown.gif

Regards,
hm

Back